Thursday, November 8, 2018

Arrivals - October 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Arrivals will feature items I bought this month that are joining my collection. Without further ado.


1. Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish in Closing Night: I've heard people raving about the lasting power of these polishes and since my nails are peeling and nothing stays on anymore I decided to give this a try. Also I'm out of gray nail polish and I think it's a really pretty color for autumn and winter; essentially the cooler seasons. I also LOVE the flash of blue in this, no one is surprised.

2. Sephora Collection Black Magic Eye Makeup Remover Cloths: I loved the larger cloths and wanted to replenish, unfortunately these smaller ones were the only ones available and I figured I might as well get my hands on them because the larger cloths were fantastic!

3. Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover x2 (not pictured): My absolute favorite nail polish remover - this gets EVERYTHING off, glitter polishes, nail art, nail stickers...EVERYTHING - probably not actual gel or acrylics but... yeah. I love it and it seems like they're trying to discontinue it which is NOT COOL.

4. Lashes Galore: Since my lash stash is running low I decided to head on over to Ricky's and see what they had because the selection is good. Well, lucky me, everything was 65% off so I bought 8 pairs of lashes and a nail polish for under $16.
Ardell Double Up in 206
Red Cherry Lashes in #510 x2
Red Cherry Lashes in #76
Red Cherry Lashes in Ryder
Red Cherry Lashes in Molla
Red Cherry Lashes in Chakra
Red Cherry Lashes in Juliet
Huda Beauty Lashes in Samantha

5. Youth to the People Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser: One of my friends is working for this brand and I wanted to support by trying it out.

6. Youth to the People Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream: I also LOVE whipped textures for my moisturizers so I'm very excited to give this a try.

7. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo: I have a friend said that this is amazing for dandruff and I do agree that having something that will physically scrub the dandruff flakes off the scalp  definitely be helpful. I'm excited to try it out!

8. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Peppermint Oil Cooling Jelly Conditioner: After a good exfoliation I think this might be a really good item to help sooth and rejuvenate the scalp.

9. Rosette Hello Kitty Uji-Matcha Kintoki Cleanser: I just couldn't pass this up. I love matcha-scented things and was hoping this would have a matcha scent because it's so affordable. That said, I think it smells like a green tea and red bean dessert more than straight up matcha powder. That aside I'm still excited to give this a try.

10. Sheet Masks Galore: I was all out of sheet masks so I figured I'd replenish. I got the:
JMsoltuion Glow Luminous Flower Firming Mask in Rose
Nu-Pore Moisturizing Eye Mask in Honeysuckle and Grapefruit
Nu-Pore Collagen Essence Face Mask in Pomegranate
Nu-Pore Collagen Essence Face Mask in Vitamin E
Nu-Pore Collagen Essence Face Mask in Green Tea
Nu-Pore Collagen Essence Face Mask in Cucumber
Nu-Pore Collagen Essence Face Mask in Aloe
Nu-Pore Collagen Essence Face Mask in Rosemary

11. Huda Beauty Emerald Obsessions Palette: Everyone was talking about how they wanted to get this palette in particular out of the gemstone obsessions collection and while I wasn't initially thinking of getting it I just thought it was really pretty and decided to try it out.

12. Huda Beauty Sapphire Obsessions Palette: Now this one should come as NO SURPRISE, a palette that's essentially all shades of blue and teal?!? Of course I'm going to get it! I think the colors in this one are really pretty.

13. Morphe Boss Mood Artistry Palette: My wife brought this in when she came to pick me up from work and I HAD TO HAVE IT. The glitter shades in this are SO BEAUTIFUL and the matte greens... OMG, I had nothing like them in my collection. I've been pulling for this palette a lot and absolutely adore it... well at least the greens because that's what I've been playing with so far.

14. Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove: I've been coveting this since its initial release but have always been too cheap to get it until now.

15. Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Into the Blue: I figured this one would be a really good compliment to the Sapphire Obsessions palette mentioned above. It's even prettier in-person, I love the flash of purple it has.

16. Essie Nail Polish in Passport to Happiness: I found this on sale and just couldn't pass it up - it's a beautiful mint with a flash of turquoise.

17. NailsInc London Gel Effect Topcoat: This was another product recommended by my friend that I keep mentioning. sephora.com was sold out of most of the topcoats and base coats and I needed something because, like I said, nothing stays on my nails anymore. Anywho, I do like the shiny look of "gel effect" products so I decided to give this a go.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment