Thursday, November 8, 2018

Moisturizer Review: Revive Moisturizing Renewal Cream

 Today's review will be for the Revive Moisturizing Renewal Cream




Availability: This is available at bluemercury.com, saksfithavenue.com, nordstrom.com, and bloomingdales.com as well as their respective physical store locations. You can also purchase it on reviveskincare.com. The retail pricing is $195.

Would I buy this? I want to say yes, but my wallet wants to say "absolutely the heck not! Gurl put me down!"

What it is formulated to do:
According to bluemercury.com
WHAT IT IS
Potent overnight perfecting cream that gently exfoliates, retextures, renews and moisturizes while you sleep. This award-winning formula helps erase visible skin imperfections, diminish fine lines and wrinkles and dramatically improve skin tone and texture while restoring a youthful, overall glow.
BENEFITS
Eliminates visible imperfections on normal to oily skin types. Exfoliates and moisturizes gently to improve skin tone, texture and clarity. Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Adds luminosity to skin.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin: A humectant that draws moisture to the skin.
Sunflower Seed Oil: Contains Vitamin E and has antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
Avocado Oil: Contains antioxidant properties; is hydrating and nourishing to the skin.
Squalane: Contains multiple benefits among which include: providing moisture, is non-irritating to individuals with sensitive skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and other types of dermatitis, and, is in fact, soothing for those suffering from such conditions. It also is helpful in controlling excess oil production (thus it's balancing) and is antibacterial.
Shea Butter: Contains antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a refreshing-yet-hydrating gel cream.

Is it scented?
This has a slightly sweet scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
So in my La Mer review I had stated that "Now, was the texture some kind of magically sublime thing that moisturized yet was weightless and it took away all my redness and made my skin glow like a freshly popped out newborn that just had its first bath you bet your behind I'd be like "OMFG YAAASSS..." well folks... this is it! The texture is this sublime gel-cream that melts into the skin while providing hydration. This gives my skin a beautiful glow... like that of a freshly popped out newborn that just had its first bath! It leaves my skin feeling extremely smooth, healthy, and supple. The only thing this doesn't do is get rid of my redness, probably because it contains glycolic acid. I am so impressed by it that I genuinely feel it is worth its price tag. If it was less well heck I'd be happy as can be but alas... Perhaps one day, when I'm wealthy or feel like I really need to treat myself to a cream that costs nearly the same as a one-way flight (or round-trip if you score a sweet deal!)  to the Caribbean I will finally make the splurge. That said, I really do love it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment