Monday, November 12, 2018

Candle Review: Trader Joe's Mango Tangerine Scented Candle

Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you. 

Candle: Trader Joe's Scented Candle in Mango Tangerine
Availability: This scent is currently discontinued but Trader Joe's candles retail at $3.99 for 5.7 oz (162 g)
Would I buy this again?: Yes!
Notes: Here's what I'm getting from smelling the candle cold - it's a sweet, fruity, juicy, citrus scent. If I were blindfolded and didn't know it was mango tangerine I'm not sure that those would be the two notes I personally would say it smelled like. That said, the scent is really pleasant - sweet and refreshing - I like it a lot!
As the wax warms and burns, the scent intensifies, though it doesn't change. 
I find this candle melts and burns alright, I find that it melts evenly but the burn isn't the cleanest - despite me trimming the wick I found that it spurted out sooty-looking vape. Also, unlike with my other candles, trying to snuff out the candle by closing the lid DOES NOT WORK. I tried and it literally burned through the lid. :/ You gotta blow this sucker out and deal with the yucky smell that the sooty wick creates. :/ Maybe the one I had was a dud and I'd definitely give this another chance because the scent itself was bomb!

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: My brother bought this for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment