Saturday, November 24, 2018

Primer Review: NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer

NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer
AvailabilityThis is available at bluemercury.com, ulta.com, macys.com, nordstrom.com, and narscosmetics.com as well as their respective physical store/boutique locations. The retail pricing is $36 for 1 oz.

Would I buy this? Not sure, although most likely not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to narscosmetics.com and ulta.com:
A MATTIFYING PRIMER THAT PREPARES SKIN FOR MAKEUP APPLICATION BY CONTROLLING SHINE, WHILE PROLONGING AND ENHANCING THE LOOK OF MAKEUP. 
Mattifying. Refining. Oil free. Pore Minimizing Complex diminishes the look of pores instantly and over time. Controls shine. Prolongs and enhances the look of makeup.
DETAILS
Oil free
Paraben free
Synthetic fragrance free
Dermatologist tested
Non-comedogenic
Benefits:
Instant Results: Minimizes pores and mattifies skin throughout the day with soft-focus powders.
Long-term Benefits: African Whitewood and Oleanolic Acid combine with peptides to help balance skin.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
I can't seem to find an ingredient list anywhere, I apologize.

What is the texture like?
This feels extremely lightweight, it leaves the skin feeling smooth and ever-so-slightly powdery. 

Is this scented?
This doesn't have a particular discernible scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Alright so personally I really like this primer for two purposes - one is for humid days in the summertime when it's so gross and sticky that even I, someone typically on the drier side, gets oily and things just feel sticky and gross. This being matte and powdery helps to de-slick. In addition, I also like pairing this with super dewy foundations that either don't hold up on their own because they're too moisturizing or don't hold up on humid days. I find that this really helps them stay on. That said, me being dry, I wouldn't experiment with this and matte foundation for myself.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention it on this here blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment