Monday, February 11, 2019

Morphe Boss Mood Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that I am SO EXCITED to own, a palette from which looks colorful, neutral, metallic, matte, or mix of all... can be born! A palette that I think is cute and versatile... Well my wife had come to pick me up after work one night and had been to Ulta earlier that day - of course I needed to say what she hauled and once I saw this... well I had to have it too! The olives in this palette have my heart!




Availability: The currently retails at $12.50 at morphe.com
Would I buy this again?: I think I would.
Notes: I think this is such a beautiful palette and is very versatile as well.  You can easily create a colorful look but you can also do a soft pin-up situation, a smoky look, a neutral with a pop of color, a colorful look with some neutrals for definition... Endless possibilities! Personally I like layering the more "foil"-type shades over the matte shades for a fun twist. I really like this shade selection a lot, although I will say it has kind of an autumnal vibe to it. The metallics in this palette, with their multi-toned micro-glitter and the wide variety of matte green shades make this palette really unique.
      I'll speak a bit about the packaging before I show you the shades - it's standard fare for a makeup palette and my only beef with it is that I wish the shade names were printed under each shade in the palette.
Without further ado, swatchfest!
Light of the Party is described as a frosted cream shimmer. I'd describe it as a soft champagne with an intense white pearl.
Popstar is described as a metallic gilded gold. I'd describe this as a muted antique gold/borderline olive shade with pink micro-glitter.

Stroke of Light is described as a matte wasabi green. I'd describe it as a soft matte chartreuse.
Express Yo'Self is described as a  matte moss. I'd have to agree with that description.
Nude Tude is described as a matte olive. I'd describe it as a matte dark olive.
Green with Envy is described as a matte midnight green. I'd describe it as a greenish charcoal.
Sheen Stealer is described as a metallic burnt oliveI'd describe it as a metallic greenish charcoal with green-gold micro-glitter.
Stand Out is described as a metallic bronze green. I'd describe it as a metallic greenish black with pink-white micro-glitter.
Bold Moves is described as a metallic golden pear. I'd describe it as a golden chartreuse with pink and gold micro-glitter. 

Electric Energy is described as a metallic golden sage. I'd describe it as a metallic olive with a rose-gold pearl and pink-gold micro-glitter.
Hello Sunshine is described as a matte mustard green. I'd describe it as a matte pear green. 
Play it Cool is described as a matte caramel. I'd describe it as a matte, warm, slightly greenish brown.
Hawt Stuff is described as a metallic copper. I'd describe it as a metallic red-plum brown.
Peachy Keen is described as a matte toffee. I'd describe it as a matte cocoa brown.
Fired Up is described as a matte apricot. I'd describe it as a matte pumpkin orange.
Bright Eyes is described as a metallic amber. I'd describe it as a metallic muted orange with a gold pearl and gold micro-glitter.
Bossy AF is described as a metallic garnet. I'd describe it as a metallic warm brick red.
FOTD is described as a matte red currant. I'd describe it as a deep matte cranberry.
Talk Dirty is described as a matte chocolate truffle. I'd have to agree with the description. The texture on this is particularly buttery and sublime!
Hot to Trot is described as a metallic plum bronze. I'd describe it as a metallic plummy black with pink micro-glitter. 
Sparks Fly is described as a matte walnut. I'd describe it as a matte plum brown. 
Confidence is described as a metallic deep coral. I'd describe it as a metallic red-orange with a coral pearl and gold micro-glitter.
Red Carpet is described as a matte raspberry. I'd describe it as a matte, slightly orange-y red.
Power Slayer is described as a matte dusty plum. I'd describe it as a matte purple plum.
Daredevil is described as a metallic violet. I'd describe it as a metallic purple with pink micro-glitter.
Vampy Vixen is described as a matte brick red. I'd describe it as a cool-toned matte brick red.
Sweet Beets is described as a matte cranberry. I'd agree with the description. In comparison to FOTD, which I also said is a matte cranberry this is lighter and slightly more red.
Color Persona is described as a metallic cranberry. I'd have to agree with the description.
Transformer is described as a matte navy blue. Although it photographed a tad more purple than it is in real life I'd have to agree with the description.
Center of Attention is described as a metallic midnight blue. I'd describe it as a metallic blackened navy with pink and blue micro-glitter.
Indi-Glow Kween is described as a metallic plum. I'd have to agree with that description and add on that this has pink micro-glitter. 
Grape Expectations is described as a metallic electric purple. I'd describe it as a pinkish toned violet.
Candy Crush is described as a matte pomegranate. I'd describe it as a matte, cool-toned red.
Sultry Ways is described as a metallic smoky eggplant. I'd describe it as a metallic blue-ish black with pink and blue micro-glitter.
Black Magic is described as a matte black. I'd agree with its description. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment