Friday, February 1, 2019

January 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
                                                
1. Sheet Masks Galore:
innisfree shea butter my real squeeze mask: This is a nice hydrating sheet mask. Overall I find the Shea a bit heavy for my skin but I think it would be great for if my skin feels particularly chapped and windburned.
innisfree skin solution mask in collagen firming: I found this mask fit my face really well and gave a it of a firming and hydrating effect.
innisfree oatmeal my real squeeze mask: This was a really nice, hydrating sheet mask. I liked this one a lot.
innisfree coconut my real squeeze mask: This mask is another nice, hydrating mask that also smells delicious! I love the scent of coconut.
innisfree ginseng my real squeeze mask x2: This is a really nice hydrating mask that leaves my skin feeling really soft and supple. That said, I find the scent of the ginseng a bit too herbal for my personal liking.
innisfree rice my real squeeze mask: I have to say that this is my favorite of the hydrating mask line. I find that it leaves my skin feeling really nourished and supple whilst also having a nice, mellow scent. 
innisfree rose my real squeeze mask: As much as I typically love rose things I found that this mask, while it left my skin looking bright and feeling soft wasn't as hydrating or as intensely scented of rose as I would prefer.
innisfree pomegranate my real squeeze mask: This is a really nice, refreshing mask. It felt fairly nice on my skin but I wish it were more hydrating.
innisfree fig my real squeeze mask: Similarly to the one above, this is a nice mask that feels refreshing but isn't as hydrating as I want it to be. It smells nice though,
innisfree tomato my real squeeze mask: I found this to be a fairly nice sheet mask that made my skin feel hydrated and supple.
florapy Calendula Sage: I found this mask to be alright - it was hydrated and felt soothing. That said I found myself wishing that the serum had better hydration benefits.
florapy Arnica Rose: As with the other mask described above  I found this mask to be alright - it was hydrated and felt soothing. That said I found myself wishing that the serum had better hydration benefits.
florapy Sunflower Lemon: I found this mask to be alright - it was hydrated and felt soothing. That said I found myself wishing that the serum had better hydration benefits. This one smells kind of lemony.
florapy Jasmine Peppermint: I found this mask to be alright - it was hydrating and felt soothing. That said I found myself wishing that the serum had better hydration benefits. This one has a notable peppermint scent.
florapy Dandelion Lemongrass: As you see from the mostly copy/pasted (no shame in my game!) reviews above I found these masks pretty much just OK. I wish they had a more hydrating, milky serum and although they all have a vaguely herbal/floral scent I wish they smelled like what you'd imagine them to smell like. I found that no matter which mask I was using the effect of slight hydration/refreshing was pretty much the same across the board. This one has a lemongrass-y scent.

2. Eylure x Thalia Lashes in Power Play: I have two main issues with these lashes - first is that the tray they're on ONLY fits the lashes as long as you don't trim them, which I had to do because they're too long - horizontally, for the length of my lash-line. For such bulky, large packaging they should have a tray like the rest of the Eylure lines. In addition, I found these lashes somewhat too natural for my liking. They added some nice fullness but because they were short on the inner corner of the eye it was really difficult to maneuver them in a way where they were flush against my lash-line. I had issues with them lifting no matter how much lash glue I applied.

3Dove Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Scent Body Wash: A staple item - I really like these body washes to shave with because they're really moisturizing, smell good, and provide a good glide for my razor.

4. Otaku Scents Candle in Makoto: I have several issues with this candle - firstly the wax doesn't melt evenly at all and tends to want to canyon - I think the candle would benefit from having two wicks as I feel the heat would distribute more evenly. In addition, I feel like the wax has been whipped which I find odd because that whipped quality creates a bunch of odd bubbles as the wax heats up and melts due the whipping process having trapped air in the wax, personally I feel like that contributes to the uneven melting of the wax. I also wasn't a fan of the scent. It's supposed to smell like cherry pie and I'm getting cherry starburst from this. Like artificial cherry flavor nd that weird waxiness that a starburst candy has. :/

5. Bumble & bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer: A product that I absolutely adore! This is great to spray into damp hair as a heat protectant or as a lightweight alternative to a styling cream. It adds a boost of hydration, smells great, and makes hair easier to style by improving manageability. It's also great to spray on your ends of they're feeling/looking dry.

6Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Italian Mocha: Definitely a tried and true for me. This is a really nice super scrubby sugar-based scrub with coffee bits that smells like a mocha from your favorite coffee shop. Definitely a product I love and will continue to purchase.

7. dermalogica ultracalming cleanser: I'm not really a fan of this as its one of those balmy cleansers that never foams up. I understand that it's gentler on the skin versus something that foams but I also feel that I have to use a lot more product to provide the same type of "glide" that a foaming cleanser provides and by virtue of it being balmy it leaves a weird film on my skin.

8. Lancome Grandiose Wide-Angle Fan Effect Mascara: I find this mascara nice for volume and length but overall while I like the effect it's not my favorite. I feel like although it's not clumpy it could do a better job of separating and defining the lashes.

9. Dr. Wellness Tea Tree & Argan Foot Mask: My wife said this was a really great mask for softening the feet and she wasn't wrong. It does a really job of providing deep hydration. Even my typically dry soles were revived by this. I'm quite impressed with it.

10.LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel: On the one hand I'm so sad to have used this up but on the other hand I have a whole nother bottle of it so not all is lost. This smells absolutely heavenly! If you're a fan of sweet rose scents I highly recommend checking it out.

11. Moroccanoil Treatment: So as I've said before I'm not a fan of the Moroccanoil scent so using this straight up treatment wasn't the most fun I've ever had. I find that it does a good job of hydrating the hair but isn't much better than your typical styling cream. At least not in my personal experience.

12. Clinique Pretty Easy Eyelining Pen: This is the last of my eyeliner pens with the brush tip and I'm so sad to have to discard this. I find that the brushes just do so much better hugging the lash-line versus felt types and don't pull on the lash-line as much. As the name of the product implies I found it made lining the eyes a fairly easy experience.

13. Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials in Bare: Although this is a fairly popular item I find that it's too texture-y to provide a really nice base for eyeshadow to go on top of. In addition, I found that my eyeshadow creased with this on underneath it - I've used several different eyeshadow palettes along with it. It's just ok in my personal opinion.

14. House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive: This is a really great brush-on lash adhesive. I find that it does a good job of keeping my falsies on.

15. m-61 Vitablast C Serum 2.0: This is a Vitamin C serum that also features Vitamin E and gallic acid. Although it delivered on what all Vitamin C products do - brightening and firming I found it to be somewhat sticky and its tacky texture made it a bit unpleasant to use.

16. Skinfix Eczema Balm: So my eczema has decided to rear its ugly head again and I've been using this as a combat strategy. It does take some time to work but overall I'm happy with the hydration and soothing properties it provides.

17. MAC Ethereal Lipglass: Frankly this has just gone off and it's time to say goodbye.

18. MAC Hot House Lipglass: Just as the gloss above, this has gone off so it's time to toss it.

19. Secret Luxe Lavender Deodorant: Y'ALL... DO NOT. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD.... DO NOT... DO NOT... do what I did with this. So after taking many a tumble on my bathroom floor the cap of this broke off. I thought it wasn't a bid deal and continued to try to make it work. NO GURL NO... Ugh, for months (I have sinned!) I dragged this dried, flaky af deodorant across my poor unsuspecting pits. I always wondered why they were so itchy and irritated. Well, I have switched to a brand new one (same deodorant, just a new stick) and all my problems are gone. So y'all... if the cap breaks on your deodorant by all means suck it up and replace it because the great deal of hurt my pits suffered wasn't worth it.

20. NEST Fragrances Rose Noir & Oud Votive: This candle smells AMAZING! An interesting mix of feminine rose and woodsy, masculine oud the scent is sweet yet seductive. It has an alluring aura that... no lie, this little candle smelled up my entire room. If you are a fan of rose scents I highly recommend it.

21. Osea Ocean Cleansing Milk: I used this mostly as a pre-cleanse to help break down makeup and while I still used my Makeup Eraser after, I found that I had to work a lot less to get my makeup to come off. That said, I probably won't pick this up simply because my makeup still comes off when I use the Makeup Eraser so this feels nice but also like an extra step that's not absolutely necessary.

22. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango: This was the first scent I ever got and it got me hooked on these scrubs. I'd say they are BY FAR my favorite - I love their degree of scrubbiness and how they don't leave your shower floor oily.

23. Eylure x Vegas Nay Luxe Collection Platinum Princess Lashes: I felt like I really wanted to love these lashes more than I did. They're beautiful and fluttery but I don't love their piece-y look and found that the lash band wasn't super great quality.

24. Shiseido White Lucent MultiBright Night Cream: I found that this did an alright job of making my skin brighter and more radiant. The main thing I noticed about this moisturizer is its beautiful gel-cream texture that, while lightweight and refreshing, deeply hydrated my dry skin.

25. Lancome Dual Finish Powder in Matte Porcelaine Delicate: This was my first ever high-end powder back in high school. I used to wear Porcelaine D'Ivory ALL THE TIME. Frankly I think both work and while I used to use it as my foundation back in the day now I used it to set my makeup. I like the product alright and really enjoy that it smells like my wee baby makeup days. Lancome always has a special place in my heart because it's my mom's favorite brand and hence, was my first high-end makeup brand. But that said, I think that perhaps sometime down the line I'll pick this up for nostalgic purposes. However, while I think it works alright it's not my favorite setting powder.

26. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Girly: From the moment I received this I believed that it would be a GORGEOUS highlight shade for the cheeks and mostly used it as such. Alas I think it is discontinued and mine is completely finished. I loved how it was a warm base with a pink duochrome versus being an icy cool-toned base. I just found that the warmth in here warmed up my complexion.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the innisfree ginseng mask (my wife gave me one for Christmas), Bumble & bumble, dermalogica, Lancome, Dr. Wellness (another gift from the wife), Moroccanoil, Trish McEvoy, M-61, Clinique, Sally Hansen, Osea, Shiseido  and NEST products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment