Monday, May 20, 2019

Serum Review: M-61 Vitablast C Serum 2.0

M-61 Vitablast C Serum 2.0 

AvailabilityThis retails at $96 for 30 ml (1 fl. oz.) and is exclusive to bluemercury.com and macys.com along with physical Bluemercury store and in-Macy's store locations.

Would I buy this?: No.

What is this product designed to address?
According to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This radiance-boosting serum targets dullness and helps to protect against environmental stressors with 15% stabilized vitamin C. Increased levels of gallic acid and vitamin E allow this serum to naturally brighten, hydrate and nourish the skin.
BENEFITS
This advanced proprietary cocktail of 15% stabilized vitamin C combined with gallic acid and vitamin E helps to protect against environmental stressors and promote elasticity while boosting skin's radiance and tone. This lightweight, oil-free brightening formula is vegan, gluten free, paraben-free and phthalate-free.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
Advanced 15% stabilized vitamin C helps to protect against environmental stressors and promote elasticity while boosting skin's radiance and tone.
Antioxidant gallic acid naturally brightens while vitamin E hydrates and nourishes the skin.

What is the texture like?
This has a watery, slightly viscous feel.

Is it scented?
This has a faint metallic scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I found this to be alright and, as much as I love Vitamin C in skincare, I just wasn't moved by this. I think it's quite pricey for a serum that essentially just adds radiance to your skin. The texture is ok but I find myself wishing it were more hydrating when I used it. Low-key I wish they'd just mix their hyaluronic and Vitamin C serums into one because, frankly, dry and/or aging skin could benefit from both.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to, nor am I being compensated for, mentioning it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment