Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
Sheet Masks Galore:
papa recipe Bombee Honey Mask x6: I purchased a box of these because I used to absolutely adore them and I still do. These provide lovely lightweight moisture and leave my skin looking radiant while feeling smooth, soft, and nourished.
A'Pieu Coconut Milk Air Pocket Sheet Mask: I wish this mask smelled more like coconut but that's my only complaint. It was very hydrating and left my skin feeling soft, supple, silky, and hydrated.
A'Pieu Banana Milk Air Pocket Sheet Mask: This mask smells heavily of bananas and left my skin feeling soft and smooth.
A'Pieu Green Tea Milk Air Pocket Sheet Mask: I love that smells like green tea and that it left my skin feeling soft, supple, and silky.
esfolio Collagen Essence Mask Sheet: This is a nice, refreshing mask - I found that it left my skin feeling supple.
esfolio Rose Essence Mask Sheet: This has that beautiful rose honey scent that you folks know I adore. Unfortunately it wasn't as hydrating as I was hoping it would be. 
huangjsoo British Rose Hydrating M.A.S.K.: This is a fantastic sweet rose-scented hydrating and brightening mask. It left my skin looking radiant and feeling soft and smooth.
esfolio Pearl Essence Mask Sheet: This is a nice brightening, radiance-giving mask but I wish it were a bit more hydrating.
esfolio Snail Essence Mask Sheet: This was a really lovely hydrating, smoothing mask.
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables Orange Squeeze Energy Mask: My favorite of the Fruitables mask line because this leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, hydrated, replenished and looking radiant. It also smells delicious.

2. Dr. Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution Soften & Nourish with Milk & HoneyI've really only soaked my feet using this but I do find that it's quite softening and makes the water softer too - if that makes sense. It has a nice, soothing scent that's sweet. I wouldn't necessarily point it out as being milk or honey but it's definitely a nice product and I would recommend it. Other than softening the skin I find that soaking in Epsom salts really helps relax sore muscles.

The following items all smelled off and I'm discarding them because I think they went bad.

4. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Natural: I was almost done with this anyhow.

5. MAKE UP FOR EVER 502P Artist Plexi-Gloss:

6e.l.f. Perfect Pink Gotta Glow Lip Tint:

7. Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer:

8.  Rappol Calming Cream:

9. Dr. Brandt Save Our Skin Comfort Cream:

10. innisfree green tea seed eye cream: I found this to be a nice, lightweight-yet-hydrating eye cream with a nice green tea scent.

11dermalogica biolumin-c serum: This is a lovely Vitamin C serum, it gives me radiance the way other vitamin C serums do but it's also got this lovely, hydrating texture that reminds me more of the kind hyaluronic acid serums tend to have. I'm quite impressed with it.

12. Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer: I'm so sad that this is gone. It blends beautifully, is hydrating, and gives nice coverage. I felt like the shade I got also fit my skin really well.

13. Sigma E30 brush: The ferrule on this brush broke off a long while ago and I haven't really used this brush very much since.

14. patchology Poshpeel Pedi Cure: As per the last time I used this I absolutely loved it - it gave me brand new feet and peeled off even the top layer of my calluses. I was so impressed that I had to go and get it a second time! Now as of writing this I'm four days post-peel and my feet have started the peeling process already. Gah! Exciting!

15.Pampers Wipes: I get these mostly just to wipe down my makeup and surfaces throughout the house. They're sold in bulk at BJ's and there's usually a coupon for them... not much more to say lol.

16. Nature Republic Polynesia Lagoon Water Hydro Emulsion: A very hydrating emulsion that, while I initially found to be heavy, I grew to love in time for its hydrating and skin-smoothing benefits, especially when mixed in with oils.

17. Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Extract: I find this to be a very hydrating hair mask that leaves my hair soft and silky but I cannot get past its scent. It smells like grandma's house but with a lot of musk. :/

18. Tisserand Aromatherapy No. 5 Peppermint Essential Oil: I used this in my oil diffuser and I really enjoy its scent - quite refreshing.

19. Christophe Robin Hydrating Shampoo with Aloe Vera: I found this to be a nice hydrating shampoo that was lightweight and didn't weigh down my hair.

20. Phyto Paris Phytodensia Fluid Plumping Mask: While I really don't think this mask did much in terms of plumping my hair or making it seem any thicker it hydrated REALLY WELL, as in the first time I used this, my hair was the curliest it's ever been - like cute little shinny ringlets appeared. I was shook. I was impressed.

21. Odacite Wild Carrot Vital Glow Serum Concentrate: I find that this serum gave me a lot of hydration and gave my skin a beautiful, radiant glow.

22. Bath & Body Works White Citrus Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel: This is a nicely foaming, clean, citrus scented body wash. I like it a lot and find it to be refreshing and deeply cleansing without stripping my skin.

23. NEST Rose Noir & Oud Votive: This candle has a beautiful sultry rose scent and a wonderful throw. For being a votive it scents up my entire room. I love it!

24. Colourpop No Filter Foundation: I'm so glad to have used this all up. It has this weird matte texture that just doesn't look smooth on my skin unless I use a lot of oils and glowing primers to make it work and while I use those things typically I just don't like the texture of this.

25. OSEA Eye & Lip Cream: I found this to be just ok, it's got an odd light waxy texture on the lips yet feels creamy when applied under the eyes. It hydrates just slightly and personally I prefer something with more intense hydrating, depuffing, and brightening qualities.

26. Redcherry Lashes in Chakra: These are a beautiful, voluminous, thick lash but the ends look wispy in a worn way, which I'm not a fan off. These also got kind of chunky and gunky with wear.

27. Indie Lee I-Recover Mind & Body Gel: This is a tingly, menthol-feeling hydrating gel moisturizer for the body. I really liked this because while it tingles it does so in a way that relieves soreness versus stinging. It also is kind of time released so you get the hydration and then the tingly sensation. It has an intense mint/camphor-ish scent.

28. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: I was so excited to finally use this mascara especially because it was my favorite thing to use on people while I was working at Sephora - usually when I do someone else's makeup I can't get into the roots of their lashes well without feeling like I'm going to hurt them so I avoid laying the mascara on too thick or I let them apply it themselves but this always showed up really well! That said, I wasn't as impressed using it on myself. I like it but I think it works no better than any other run-of-the-mill mascara on me. Odd.

29. R+Co Television Perfect Hair Conditioner: This left my hair feeling very soft and looking very lustrous and shiny. That said I think it's rather pricey for something that makes my hair soft and shiny.

30.LUSH Rudolph Jelly Face Mask: I really loved this mask - it left my skin cleansed yet very hydrated and it smelled like chocolate pudding with just the slightest hint of orange. So delicious!

31. Dove Purely Pampering Relaxing Lavender Body Wash: I really like using these to shave as they leave my skin feeling very soft and smooth, last longer than shave gel, and provide a good lather/glide for my razor.

32. Kat Von D Lipstick in FTW: I think this just went bad, it smells off.

33. Osea Ocean Cleanser: This is a nice, lovely-smelling cleanser that leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth after use. That said, it's rather a milky gel texture and doesn't really foam up much, which isn't a texture that I really love. :/

34. redcherry Eyelashes in Juliet: These are beautiful, natural-looking yet long lashes. They're very easy to apply because the lash bands are thin and flexible. I definitely recommend them.

35. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam: This is a cleanser with the type of texture I absolutely adore! It's creamy and hydrating while providing a beautiful lather and it leaves my skin feeling very soft after use.

36. R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo: I found this shampoo to be alright yet fairly basic. It left my hair feeling clean and soft but my hair was kind of greasy the day after using this so it's not as deep cleansing as I'd like it to be. I think this would be best for someone with slightly drier/perhaps damaged hair to use on a regular basis.

37. m-61 PowerSpot Pad: These pads are great at treating existing acne or for raising bumps to a head. I find that they're really effective.

38. Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Freesia: This is a really fresh, clean, floral-smelling hydrating body cream. I purchase these in a bunch of scents because I really do love the way they hydrate - they're thick but not overly so. That said, as is my usual complaint, I find that don't penetrate deep enough to hydrate the soles of my feet very well.

39. Skinceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex: Unfortunately I wasn't a big fan of this - it has a weird silicone-y texture and doesn't really do much in the way of smoothing out any lines under my eyes, brightening, hydrating, or depuffing.

40. Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel: This is by far my favorite spot treatment for acne - it's more affordable than the m-61 pads and performs wonderfully. It works to help calm down existing acne and bring things like cysts to a head so they heal quicker. I find that if I get a breakout it very rarely will go away on its own but if I use this it goes away in a matter of maybe 3-4 days.

41. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile, and Lavender: This is a nice refreshing, hydrating spray for the face. I know it's not meant to set makeup but I find my makeup does stay put well when I use this. That said, out of the three scent options this is my least favorite. It's in no way bad but I just prefer the rose and green tea scents more. I find the lavender scent soothing but I usually do my makeup, and consequently use this spray, in the morning and the scent makes me a bit sleepy.

42. Dr. Barbara Sturm Eye Cream: I really like this eye cream for hydration - I get eczema on my lids sometimes and this really helps soothe it. It's also a nice consistency where it's lotion-like and not too thick. If it weren't so pricey I would be in the market to pick it up. :/

43. studio 35 Cucumber Peel-Off Mask: To be honest I wasn't a fan of the peel-off texture here, I found it rather thick and plastic-y and I didn't really see much in the way of it removing impurities. My skin felt soft after using it but given its weird texture I won't be reaching for it.

44.  Formula X For Sephora Xplosives Crash: Unfortunately the formula for this has become
too thick and gloppy where I can sort of get it to work but I just know I won't reach for it because of its texture.

45. dermalogica intensive moisture cleanser: Although this did a good of job of cleansing my face and leaving it feeling smooth it didn't foam which... as you folks know, I'm not a fan of. I feel like I end up using more cream cleansers that don't foam up versus those that do to make up for the lack of foaming. :/

46. Tree Hut Firming Sugar Scrub in Italian Mocha: You folks already know - my favorite body scrub in one of my absolute favorite scents. This makes me feel energized and awake, it scrubs well, it smells delicious, it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I highly recommend it!

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Trish McEvoy, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Bite Beauty, Clinique, Dr. Brandt, innisfree, Christophe Robin, Phyto, Odacite, NEST, Osea, Indie Lee, Urban Decay, R+Co, Kat Von D, Dr. Barbara Sturm and  dermalogica products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment