Thursday, May 9, 2019

Juvia's Place The Douce Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette from which looks neutral, colorful, metallic, and matte can be born!

Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: Possibly.
Notes: So on Cyber Friday 2018 I went a little crazy and ordered a bunch of Juvia's Place palettes because they were on sale.
     This is pretty fair to say across the board for all the Juvia's Place palettes I've tried (reviews of more coming soon) but EVERY. SINGLE. SHADOW. is buttery, smooth, pigmented, easy to blend, plays well with the rest of the shadows in the palette and doesn't need to be used wet to get good color payoff. I'm very highly impressed with the quality given its price point. Although the shipping at juviasplace.com can, occasionally, be quite slow (about a week or two) they have sales quite frequently so you can snag a great deal on the palettes. I highly recommend giving them a try!
Chocolat is described as a matte dark mocha. I'd say it's a matte blackened brown.
Tart is described as a iridescent ice purple. This is a shimmery white with a violet-pink pearl and pink, violet, and white micro-glitter. It makes a gorgeous highlight for the face.

Creme is described as a matte coral. I'd say this is a muted matte coral which makes a rather lovely blush for more fair skin-tones.
Macarons is described as a  shimmer mint with gold reflect. I'd agree with that description and add that it has mint and gold micro-glitter. 
Custard is described as a matte bright orchid. I'd say this is a matte magenta orchid color which makes a beautiful blush.
Puffs is described as a shimmer blush pink. I'd say this is a soft, pale pink with an intense white pearl. This would make a beautiful face highlight or a blush topper.
Berry Mousse is described as a matte sandcastleI'd  say this is a pale sand color. It's just a hint darker than my skin but is nearly the same shade. 
Mont Blanc is described as a shimmer graphite.  I'd say it's an intense silver with a hint of graphite and loads of silver micro-glitter. 
Crepes  is described as a matte pinkish peach. I'd say this is a deep reddish peach,

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment