Friday, May 3, 2019

Departures - April 2019

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.


1. wet n wild California Roll Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette: This is actually quite a difficult palette to pass along because I genuinely enjoyed using it and loved the looks I created with it. That said, I realized that I have very similar shades in my Inglot palettes and I tend to reach for my Inglot palettes more often. Because of that, I've decided to pass this on. 

2. NARS Full Vynil Lip Lacquer in Santo Domingo: This just doesn't stay on me throughout the day.

3. YSL 105 Corail Hold Up Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain: This has become a lot thicker and goopier than I ever remember it being. :/

4. Nature Republic 12 Arctic Aurora Color & Nature Nail Color: Unfortunately as gorgeous as this color is, it chipped really bad on me.

5. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Dr. M: This is a gorgeous slightly sparkly dark green shade with a hint of blue. Unfortunately the formula is too matte for my liking and is somewhat crumbly.

6. LA Splash Cosmetics Sangre Azul Blue Blood Studioshine Lip Lustre: As much as I initially loved this and its color I have the same issue with it as the one above where it just feels dry and crumbly on the lips.

7. ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Marshmallow: As much as I initially liked this color I think I bought it more because in and of itself, the color is pretty and it was a trendy color at the time of its release. That said, I feel now that it makes me look like a zombie/dead. It's a bit too gray for me.

8. Sugarpill U4EA Matte Lip Color: Beautiful as this color lips I found that this lipstick feathered quite a lot throughout the day.

The following candles have such a weak throw that I, unfortunately, will be passing them along:

9. Otaku Scents Levi:

10. Otaku Scents Moon Kingdom:

11. Otaku Scents Kanna:

12. Otaku Scents Haruka (Sailor Uranus):

13. Otaku Scents Hotaru (Sailor Saturn):

14. Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Coconut Scented Candle: While this burns alright and has a strong throw I just don't like how it smells.

15. wet n wild Vinyl Collection Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette: Similarly to the California Roll palette above, I love the way this one performs but I just have a lot of similar colors in my collection and never reach for this.

16.  Bite Beauty Apricot Luminous Creme Lipstick: This is a lovely, unique shade of reddish orange but unfortunately it just doesn't stay put on me.

17. Tisserand Aromatherapy No.4 Rosemary Essential Oil: This just smells too kitchen/food-like to me. I don't enjoy it in my aroma diffuser and that's essentially all I use my essential oils for.

18. CoverGirl Raspberry Jelly 150 Melting Pout Gel Liquid Lipstick: This is a beautiful color that can be sheered out or worn as an intense berry color. Unfortunately it doesn't really stay put or fade evenly on my lips.

19. NYX Scandalous Wicked Lippie: As with the other shades this just didn't stay put on me very well.

20. wet n wild Mythicool Creatures Coloricon Eyeshadow Quad: Unfortunately I found the shades in this palette to have rather patchy, inconsistent quality.

21. wet n wild Hooked on Vynil Coloricon Eyeshadow Quad: This is another palette that I feel worked very well and I enjoyed using, I just have dupes for the shades in here that I tend to reach for more often. 

22. wet n wild Fit for A Queen Coloricon Eyeshadow Quad: This is a beautiful palette that is fun to play with but honestly I feel like I have all these shades in the Violet Voss Pro Eyeshadows Holy Grail Palette and I tend to grab for that more often.

23.  NARS Highlighting Powder in Fort de France: I find this doesn't give me as intense a highlight as I personally prefer.

24. NYX Playdate High Voltage Lipstick: I feel like this shade makes me look washed out, I have a friend who I know really likes this so I will be passing this on to them.

25. Sugarpill Strange Love Liquid Lip Color: This is a pretty berry lip color but I find myself wishing it was more red and I do have a more red version of this shade so I'll be passing this along. 

26. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in More Better: This shade is gorgeous but unfortunately it just doesn't wear well on me, it flakes off when it dries which causes it to look uneven.

27. Sugarpill Detox Matte Lip Color: Another shade that's beautiful but just doesn't wear well, it wears off rather uneven-looking.

28. Sephora Collection 09 Love Me Pink: As pretty as this is, it just doesn't stay on me throughout the day.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself with the exception of the NARS,  Clinique, YSL, and CoverGirl products which were provided for testing; the wet n wild shadows (the four-pan ones) were gifts from my wife - I purchased the 6-pan ones myself. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment