Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Candle Review: Otaku Scents Hotaru (Sailor Saturn)

Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you. 


Candle: Otaku Scents Moon Hotaru (Sailor Saturn)
Availability: This can be purchased at $25 for a 9 oz.  candle or at $8 for 3 oz. as wax melts at otakuscents.com.
Would I buy this again?: Yes
Notes: The scent description sounds really good - sweet violets and bitter raspberries they say.
I absolutely get the scent as described... the raspberry note isn't bitter however. The scent reminds me of the way Guerlain Meteorites smell - I just love the scent of violets! And of raspberries! Yum!
As the wax warms and burns, the scent intensifies, though it doesn't change. 
I found that this candle melted  quite surprisingly evenly given the way the rest I've been testing melted; there was a tiny bit of canyoning around the very edges but it burned evenly almost to the very edge. The canyoning can be remedied by adding a second wick... I find this happens quite often with larger single-wicked candles because the heat never distributes evenly enough to make the wax pool melt properly. The throw on this particular candle is very strong and scents up my whole room. Something I find rather odd with these is that the wax seems to have been whipped - I often see pools of bubbles at the surface of the candle when I burn it. Personally I think whipping the wax may cause it to melt unevenly as the trapped air bubbles escape. It's also rather unpleasant to look at, aesthetically, due the weird bubble clusters.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment