Thursday, March 28, 2019

Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette from which looks colorful, neutral, metallic, matte, or a mix of all... can be born!
Availability: The currently retails at $45 at sephora.com, ulta.com, nordstrom.com, macys.com and bloomingdales.com along with their physical store locations or anastasiabeverlyhills.com for 14 shades which are .71g (0.02 oz) each. 
Would I buy this again?: No.
Notes: I think this is versatile but unfortunately uses pops of colors as a marketing strategy to make you want an otherwise neutral, warm-toned palette.
In terms of packaging I personally like the velour covered palettes, reminiscent of the original Naked palette from Urban Decay because if you drop them, they have much lower chances of breaking versus the more metallic palettes, just imo. 
Without further ado, swatchfest!
Dreamer is described as a metallic pink champagne. I'd say it's more of a true champagne shade with teal micro-glitter. I think this would make a beautiful highlight shade for the face.
Summer is described as a metallic foiled golden topaz. I'd describe this as a warm bronze gold.

Wild Child is described as a duo-chrome frost pink with a magenta shift. I'd say it's a soft pink with a bright pink pearl and gold micro-shimmer. I really love using this as a highlight on the face.
Rose Gold is described as a  metallic rosewood. I'd have to agree with that description and add that this has gold micro-glitter in it.
Celestial is described as a duochrome plum with a violet shift. I'd have to agree with its sad description. I wish it was more of that violet that it appears in the palette versus being plummy with just the hint of violet pearl and blue micro-glitter. This is a shade that really made me want the palette and I find it disappointing. 
Dazzling is described as a duochrome cool-tone bronze with a violet shift. I'd describe it as a coppery bronze.
Drama is described as a duo-chrome aubergine with a cool bronze shiftI'd say this color is much closer to the swatch photo then the pan photo. It's a lot more purple in real life. I'd say this is a metallic plum with a pink-bronze pearl along with pink, blue, and gold micro-glitter. 
Base is described as a matte eggshell. I'd describe it as a warm, satiny off-white... mostly because I like to say I'm eggshell colored and this is darker than me. 
Soul is described as a matte wisteria. I'd describe it as a satiny cornflower blue with silver and blue micro-shimmer.

Incense is described as a matte dusty terracotta. I'd describe it as a matte warm brown.

Love is described as a matte mid-tone cool pink. I'd describe it as a satiny pink with silver and blue micro-shimmer. 
Volatile is described as a matte warm charcoal. I'd describe it as a matte, taupe-y plum. 
Eccentric is described as a matte dark burnt orange. I'd agree with that description.
Passion is described as a matte deep garnet. I'd describe it as a matte plummy burgundy.

The palette also includes this double-ended brush which I find just ok. The blending end does a great job of blending but the flat shader end is rather small and makes work out of applying shadow on the lid.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment