Monday, March 4, 2019

Departures - February 2019

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.


1. Femme Fatale Stormrune: While this is a really pretty berry holographic nail polish I found that it chipped a lot within about three days of wear and overall I don't love the color enough to keep it.

2.YSL 5 Color Harmony For Eyes in Riviera: While this palette is beautiful and performs well I don't love it enough to keep it. If it had a neutral crease shade and highlighter than we'd be in business. I love blue and while it seems like I'd love a palette of all blue shades I'm finding that not to be the case. This palette, although fun, feels monotonous.

3.  Soap & Glory Riot Sexy Motherpucker Lip Shine Lacquer: Firstly, I don't find that this plums my lips, which is fine because I don't think I really need much plumping. It's a pretty red that fades to a pretty reddish-pink but it is VERY stringy and I don't love that aspect.

4. Make-Up Designory Cantaloupe Lip Glaze: This gloss is really comfortable, hydrating, and smooth. I found that it help up for a mere two hours (I like lip products to last for a minimum of 4 hours, for me it's fine if the glossiness fades but some color remains on my lips at the 4 hour mark) and for whatever reason took the foundation above my upper lip with it. :/

5. Bite Beauty Eleven Watercolor Gloss: Quite a pretty gloss but one that I find reminds me a lot of Clinique Go-Go Pop Lacquer Lip Color + Primer, which I find wears slightly better on me.

6. Clinique Juicy Apple Splash Lip Gloss: I found that this felt nice on the lips but it didn't have a good wear time.

7. Lune + Aster Vitamin C+E Lip Gloss in CEO: Again, a very pretty gloss that feels nice but just doesn't last.

8. Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure: This gloss is a cute shade of pink but I find that it doesn't really stay put on me.

9.  Smashbox Disco Rose Be Legendary Gloss: A very pretty rosy gloss that, again, doesn't stay on me well.

10. MAKE UP FOR EVER D16 Lab Shine Diamond Collection: I'm sad to pass this along as it feels very comfortable on, smells good, and isn't sticky but it doesn't really stay put on me.

11. Clinique Tenderheart Splash Lip Gloss: I'm VERY SAD to pass this along as it GLIDES on, is very smooth and creamy without being the least bit sticky but alas, it doesn't stay on me at all, even the color disappears completely in about two hours.

12. Christian Dior 157 Twin Set Pink Dior Addict Gloss: Another one I'm sad to let go of. I got this one in such a serendipitous way... I wanted this color but was kind of putting off purchasing it because $$$ but at my time at Sephora I won some sort of contest and this was one of the prizes in the bin I could choose from and I was so hyped to get it. Unfortunately this doesn't wear well.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself with the exception of the Soap & Glory, Bite Beauty, Clinique, Lune + Aster, Smashbox, Dior, and Makeup Designory  products which were provided for testing; the YSL palette was a gift from my friend. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment