Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Candle Review: Otaku Scents Princess Serenity

Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you. 


Candle: Otaku Scents Princess Serenity
Availability: This can be purchased at $25 for a 9 oz. candle or at $8 for 3 oz. as wax melts at otakuscents.com.
Would I buy this again?: No.
Notes: The scent description sounds really good - jasmine and rose they say.
I frankly get neither This smells very white/clean floral and powdery.
As the wax warms and burns, the scent intensifies, though it doesn't change. 
I found that this candle melted VERY unevenly - by far the worst canyoning I've ever had in a candle. This can be remedied by adding a second wick... I find this happens quite often with larger single-wicked candles because the heat never distributes evenly enough to make the wax pool melt properly. The throw on this particular candle is very weak, at least upon the first burn (I've only burned it once), I can't really even smell it when I'm next to it. Something I find rather odd with these is that the wax seems to have been whipped - I often see pools of bubbles at the surface of the candle when I burn it. Personally I think whipping the wax may cause it to melt unevenly as the trapped air bubbles escape. It's also rather unpleasant to look at, aesthetically, at the weird bubble clusters.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment