Friday, March 1, 2019

February 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
                                                
1. Sheet Masks Galore:
florapy Chamomile Patchouli: This is supposed to be a sleepy time mask and while I was already tired when I was using it and it felt really nice on, I wouldn't say that the scent itself helped any. It smells heavily of incense which I can only guess is because of the patchouli in it. It also has a LOAD of serum in it which is annoying in the sense of what am I supposed to do with literally a quarter cup of serum. :/ I did put it on my chest, back, elbows, and arms but I just feel like it's excessive.
florapy Yarrow Lavender: Another sleepy time mask. Honestly there's a sour scent (maybe it's the yarrow? I'm unsure what yarrow is supposed to smell like) that's here along with the lavender and I wish it were just the lavender. I don't find the scent particularly relaxing. As with the other florapy masks this was just ok. I feel like because they're a gel mask that all the serum kind of gets absorbed by my skin before the 20 minutes are up and then there's nothing left over to pat into my skin. The packets themselves have entirely too much liquid in them that.... like I wrote above I don't know what to do with. :/ Maybe if you ever get these masks save some sort of little bottle or flask so that you can pour the excess serum into it and use it as you would a regular serum?
innisfree manuka honey my real squeeze mask: I found this to be really hydrating and refreshing. It left my skin feeling very supple. It smells a bit more floral than sweet which... I would've preferred a true honey scent here.
Chica Y Chico Urban Princess Mask in Aqua: This was a great refreshing, hydrating mask that gave my skin a nice glow. It has a soft floral-herbal scent.
innisfree skin solution mask Vita C Brightening: I found this mask did brighten my skin well. In addition, my wife says these have a really good fit and I agree! I feel like sometimes the masks produced for the Korean market tend to be for a more petite face and I like that these work well on faces that are... larger... for lack of a better word.
florapy Blackberry Primrose Deep Hydration: This has a very earthy, herbal scent and I wish it smelled more fruity. In addition, I found that it's ok at hydration but nowhere near as hydrating as hydration masks that have made it into favorites in the past.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in cucumber: I really enjoyed this mask; I found it to be very refreshing, hydrating in a lightweight way, and I like that it smells like cucumber.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in green tea: Similarly to the mask above this feels refreshing, hydrates lightly, and smells wonderful - like green tea! I really enjoyed using it!
innisfree my real squeeze mask in lime: While I found this mask refreshing and nice-smelling I wish it were a bit more hydrating. I think I'd like it better in the summertime.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in aloe: I found this to be hydrating but not as much as I thought it would be, given that it's aloe.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in broccoli: I typically like broccoli items in skincare so I had high expectations for this. Unfortunately I found it to be just ok - it's not as hydrating as I would've liked.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in bamboo: This mask felt hydrating and refreshing but overall I'd say it's not as hydrating as I personally like. 
innisfree my real squeeze mask in tea tree: x2 I really like that this mask doesn't smell strongly like tea tree oil. It kind of stung a bit where I had breakouts. Other than that this felt fairly refreshing and I think someone with oilier skin would like this mask.

2. MAC Cult of Cherry Lipglass: This is an absolutely gorgeous sparkly red lip gloss. Unfortunately mine has went off so it's time to say goodbye.

3NOW Solutions Jasmine Fragrance Oil: Now y'all now that I love me some jasmine scents. This I am just not a fan of. It's a very clean, medicinal smelling jasmine and I suppose I like jasmine in arrangement with tea or other florals - i.e. rose. I tried mixing it in with lemon and sometimes peppermint but I am not a fan.

4. Asquith & Somerset 2017 Mermaids Club Sea Salt + Pearl Triple Milled Soap: My wife got me this for Christmas 2017 and it is a GIGANTIC chunk of soap. Towards the end though it broke apart into several chunks which wouldn't foam up so I ultimately threw them away.

5.  Dove Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Scent Body Wash: A staple item - I really like these body washes to shave with because they're really moisturizing, smell good, and provide a good glide for my razor.

6Trader Joe's Rose Water Facial Toner: I really enjoyed this toner. It smells really nice - a clean, floral rose scent, feels refreshing, and a is bit hydrating when applied. I think I'll be replenishing when I run out of my other toners.

7. Trader Joe's Apple Cider Scent Foaming Hand Soap: A really nice soap that I feel like I ran out of quickly because it foams. I feel like I always run out of foaming soaps quicker than others. Anywho, it has a really nice spiced cider scent and coconut based foaming agents - no sulfates here! Overall I probably won't get this again, despite it smelling really nice I went through it quick, as I've mentioned, and I found that it left my hands feeling a tad bit dehydrated.

8. Bath & Body Works Wildflower Meadow Scented Candle: I'm sad to be done with this candle as it has such a lovely wildflower scent. I was happy to burn it, however, because the scent reminds me of spring.

9. Incendio Beauty Dark Fairy Lipstick Potion: I'm sad to be tossing this as it's such a beautiful deep purple and is comfortable to wear. Unfortunately, however, it smells like mushrooms which is not what it's supposed to smell like so I have to say goodbye.

10. Nature Republic Green Tea Hand & Nature Sanitizer Gel: This is a nice hand sanitizer with a soft, sweet green tea scent.

11. Formula X For Sephora Xplosives Thunder: This is essentially so dried out that it's unusable. I guess I could pour some clear polish in there to revive it but I think it's time to face the fact that it's time to throw this away.

12. Clinique Smart Night Custom-Repair Moisturizer: I'm so sad to be tossing this because it has such a great texture - kind of whipped and lightweight but deeply hydrating. Unfortunately mine smells like fish so I'm assuming it's probably gone rancid. I'd rather not take my chances with it.

13. Sephora Collection Dramatic Volume Lash in Vivacious #34: When I initially saw these lashes I thought they'd be a good dupe for my beloved Huda Beauty Scarlett... they were not! These have a flimsier lash band and aren't as thick and voluminous as the Huda ones are. In addition, I found that they didn't adhere to the lash-line as nicely as I would've wanted them to.

14. Trish McEvoy Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner Pen: This has to be by far the most pricey, and the worst, liquid liner pen I've ever used. It doesn't have a good flow of liner into the tip which results in me having to drag the felt tip over my lash-line over and over again, or apply a lot of pressure to it, which causes irritation. In addition, I had to always make the line thicker than I wanted to because this wouldn't go on smooth and I had to smooth out the skip lines made. It did nothing to really enhance or grow my lashes as far as I could see. Maybe mine was a dud but I'm not looking to get this again.

15. Jeffree Star 714 Velour Liquid Lipstick: This has acquired quite a chemically scent and I figure it's best to toss it.

16. Pampers Baby Wipes: I like to use these to wipe down surfaces or my makeup items and I find that they work well for that purpose.

17. Patchology Pedi Cure Poshpeel: I just did the peel last week and my feet are in the peeling stage so I can't speak to how intensely this peels quite yet but I will say that the areas where this has peeled off from feel VERY soft so I'm excited to see how my feet feel when the peeling stage has completed.

18. G9 Skin Self Aesthetic Butterfly Nose Strip: For starters I didn't expect this to work as well as it did because, although my nose is congested with comedones they're not so intense that many of them stick above the skin in a "this looks like it'll be easy to squeeze out/remove" kind of way. This did pull a lot out. That said, I don't find its butterfly shape worked any better than the average nose strip does. In addition, I find that nose strips in general are funny in that they never seem to pull the comedones out that you think look like they're right at the surface, and therefore easy targets. They'll pull out the most random ones! *shrug*

19. Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil: Once again I am so sad to be done with this oil. It works so well for my skin, making it smooth, soft, and supple and reducing the redness I often experience.

20. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango: This was the first scent I ever got and it got me hooked on these scrubs. I'd say they are BY FAR my favorite - I love their degree of scrubbiness and how they don't leave your shower floor oily.

21. Bath & Body Works Rainkissed Leaves Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel: This is a beautifully foaming, fresh smelling shower gel that leaves my skin feeling clean without being stripped. I like it a lot.

22. Julie G Nail Color in Fairytale: I'm so sad to be letting this go because it is truly my ideal shade of lavender - perfectly balanced pastel where it's obviously lavender and not too white, a slight hint blue-y... A perfect nod to spring or heck... if you like pastels perfect for whenever! Unfortunately, however, it has become very thick and goopy; as such I have to let it go. I mean... given I've had this bottle for 7 years (!!!! it doesn't seem that long ago!) I guess it's time to say goodbye!

23. Lune + Aster Prep+Go Realglow Primer: Another product that I am genuinely sad to part ways with. Although, technically I'm not even parting ways, I've used it all up. This is a wonderful, brightening, glow-giving primer that's lightweight yet feels hydrating when applied to the skin.

24. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Peppermint Cooling Jelly Conditioner: I found that this conditioner does really help cool the scalp. That said, I don't find that it hydrates my hair as deeply as I wish it would and has a scent that sort of makes me think of sweaty armpits. :/ It dissipates quickly but alas I certainly don't love it enough to buy it again.

25. Red Cherry Lashes in #76: These were cute when I first started using them but overall I found them kind of flimsy in quality. One of them curled on the outer edge funny and while a spoolie that I sprayed with water kind of helped reshape it, it was wonky ever since. :/

26. Nature Republic Hand & Nature Sanitizer Gel in Honey: This is a honey scented hand sanitizer. It makes my hands feel sanitized but that's pretty much it.

27. Clinique Blended Face Powder in Transparency 3: This was just ok. Mostly because it was a tad too dark for me but sort of still worked. I also found that it emphasized texture when I used it to set my under-eye area. Like I said, it's ok and seems to work alright for setting makeup, but I wouldn't go out and buy this.

28. Belle Ame Hand Wash in Cucumber Mint: This smells very cucumber-y and does a good job of cleansing but it feels kind of watered down, texture-wise.

29. Tisserand Aromatherapy Pure Essential Oils in No. 7 Lemon: A really nice lemon essential oil. This smells delicious!

30. Bath & Body Works Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in Ocean Citrus: A delicious watery yet citrusy scent.

31. Bath & Body Works Tiki Beach Scented Candle: I'm so sad to see this go as it smells absolutely amazing and is one of my all time favorite scents. Alas, it's all done with.

32. Versace Dylan Blue Pour Femme: Honestly I feel like this scent is a bit too intense and heavy for me.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Asquith & Somerset (my wife gave me one for Christmas), Clinique, Trish McEvoy, Indie Lee, Lune + Aster and Jeffree Star  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment