Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Moisturizer Review: Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil

 Today's review will be for the Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil






Availability: This is available at nordstrom.com, anthropologie.com, birchbox.com, bluemercury.com, sephora.com, and ulta.com as well as their respective physical store/ locations along with indielee.com and dermstore.com. The retail pricing is $36 for 1 fl oz (30 mL).

Would I buy this? I think I would.

What it is formulated to do:
According to indielee.com:
Improve the appearance of texture and tone, skin elasticity and cell turnover with this readily absorbed, 100% pure, Olive derived Squalane. Non-pore clogging, this oil leaves the complexion soft, nourished and never greasy.
Solutions For:
Dry dehydrated skin
Uneven texture and tone
Balances excess oil production
Excellent for face, hands, neck and décolleté
Ideal for all skin types


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
This is 100% Squalane: Contains multiple benefits among which include: providing moisture, is non-irritating to individuals with sensitive skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and other types of dermatitis, and, is in fact, soothing for those suffering from such conditions. It also is helpful in controlling excess oil production (thus it's balancing) and is antibacterial.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a really thin, watery oil - in that... it's slightly oily at first but mostly feels watery.

Is it scented?
Upon smelling the applicator this smells kind of rubbery which is odd because I really don't get that when I apply it on my face. :/

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Alright y'all so I've been using this for a bit under a week and already I can tell a gigantic improvement with my skin's tone and texture. This is weightless and can be used as either a serum mixed in with your moisturizer or on its own (which is how I'm currently using it) - in fact my current concoction is mixing this in with the Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate - and let me tell you it's a nearly weightless oil - it absorbs into my skin near instantly. I notice that it really reduces the amount of redness I have, hydrates, and soothes any irritation on my skin and OMFG my skin's texture feels really close to baby's butt smoothness - it's so soft, smooth, and supple. I really love this stuff so far and am excited to see what continued use will bring!

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment