Thursday, August 16, 2018

Mask Review: CVS Chocolate and Coffee Self-Heating Clay Facial Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the CVS Chocolate and Coffee Self-Heating Clay Facial Mask

Availability: This has been discontinued.

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is this product designed to address?
According to cvs.com this is what the product is and what it does: 
Is it getting warm in here? This self-heating Chocolate and Coffee Clay Mask is the perfect way to unwind after a long day. It unclogs pores and hydrates skin so you'll be even better than new in no time at all. The decadent scent of chocolate and coffee with just a hint of strawberry will leave you feeling energized, refreshed and maybe even a little sweet.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin - A humectant which attracts moisture from the air to your skin.
Kaolin Clay - helps to detoxify the skin and draw out excess oil.
Cacao Seed Extract and Cocoa Extract- Promotes blood flow and cellular healing due to its antioxidant and Vitamin C content.
Coffee Extract-  Contains caffeine which helps brighten skin by reducing redness and boosts circulation.
Strawberry Fruit Extract - Contains Vitamin C which helps to brighten the skin and increase collagen production.

What is the texture like?
This has a texture reminiscent of a thick moisturizer; it's thick, rich, and buttery.

Is it scented?
I would describe the scent as being sweet and vaguely reminiscent of cocoa... I am very disappointed in the scent if I'm going to be honest because I was hoping this mask would smell like mocha and it doesn't even come close!

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I find it doesn't do much in terms of clearing up my skin, which, honestly, is what I was hoping for. I have an issue where the pores around my nasolabial (I'm referring specifically to my nose and nearby region of the cheeks) region are congested and appear large/not-smooth due to being clogged with comedones and sebum but because my skin is dry overall I don't want to use any intense mud masks. I was hoping that because this is designed to hydrate and decongest that it would work. I will say that, compared to some, my issue isn't all that bad but it personally bothers me and I'd love to find a product that actually removes the congestion.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment