Friday, August 17, 2018

Mask Review: Supermood Youth Glo Luxury Peel

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Supermood Youth Glo Luxury Peel with Natural AHA Acids and Fruit Extracts


Availability: This is available at macys.com and anthropologie.com as well as their respective physical store/ locations along with supermood.fi. The retail pricing is $45 for 75 mL (2.5 oz.).

Would I buy this?: Probably not

What is this product designed to address?
According to bluemercury.com this is what the product is and what it does: 
WHAT IT IS
This sensational face peel is extremely effective; it peels and renews skin, creating a sensational glow. The Luxury Peel contains lactic acid, plant extracts with fruit acid, buckthorn extract rich in vitamin C, detoxifying cornflower water, and soothing marigold extract. Naturally derived and made in Finland, Supermood products never contain parabens, sulfates, and other ingredients that you don't want on your skin.

BENEFITS
Moth beans contain vitamin A, a natural retinol that creates a beautiful glow on the skin. Recommended to use once a week.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
Moth beans (pronounced moot) contain natural retinol (Vitamin A) that helps create a beautiful glow to the skin.
Fruit acids naturally peel the skin to refresh and renew skin's surface.
Spearmint leaf refreshes the surface while marigold flower extract calms and soothes the skin
This also contains:
Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice: Contains anti-aging, healing, soothing properties. Reduces inflammation and redness.
Cornflower Water: Has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, helps hydrate the skin.
Apple Fruit Extract: Contains antioxidant properties and acids that exfoliate away excess dead skin.
Grapefruit Fruit Extract: Contains antioxidant and brightening properties.
Calendula: Contains antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties; helps calm and soothe the skin
Marigold Flower Extract: Helps reduce swelling and inflammation.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a somewhat gel-like mask that feels cooling and soothing when applied.

Is it scented?
This scent here is best described as earthy, acerbic, tannic... kind of acid-y and earthy at the same time, there's also a hint of something herbal. It smells rather spa-like. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I will say that this mask is extremely deceptive. When you apply it, it feels really nice, cool, and soothing and you get to thinking "these directions are stupid... leave on for 1 minute?!? nah lemme leave it on for 20" LMFAO OMG NO DON'T DO IT!!!!! So the first time I ever used it I kept it on for all of two minutes before washing it off and was that TOO LONG!!! My skin looked like I went on some insane scratching bonanza - red, inflamed, streaky... etc. Now, the packaging does warn you that some redness is to be expected and I have not once used this mask and experienced no redness. It makes my skin feel re-textured, smooth, and pretty much baby's butt soft/smooth - just incredible! That said, I find that, as I've said my skin always turns red and I can feel that it's fairly inflamed. As much as I like the way this makes my skin feel and the glow it provides, the slew of great ingredients used in the product I just feel like my skin is too sensitive to use this on a regular basis.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment