Saturday, August 4, 2018

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: Morphe - The Jaclyn Hill Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. Although I know I just reviewed this palette, I bought it at the very end of June and have been using it throughout the month of July as my palette-of-the-month.

A tutorial I did using the palette can be found here. Here are the looks I did using the palette:


























So as you can see I created a bunch of colorful and neutral looks using this palette. I have been using the Decide Now! app and playing "Palette Roulette" as inspired by xsparkage and it's been so much fun and takes the guesswork out of figuring out which colors to use every day. I just roll 5 shades and work with them for the most part - sometimes I'll add a blending shade or highlight as necessary. Friends, as much as I know I have these colors in other palettes... this palette right here is staying as part of my collection!!! I absolutely LOVED wearing it - the colors are all beautifully pigmented, they go on smooth and buttery, they blend gorgeously with one another - the palette is super versatile (I'm sure you can see that) - allowing you to create looks for any occasion. I definitely think it's a worthwhile purchase.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this palette myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment