Sunday, August 19, 2018

Moisturizer Review: m-61 Hydraboost Moisturizer SPF 30

 Today's review will be for the m-61 Hydraboost Moisturizer SPF 30





Availability: This is exclusive to bluemercury.com as well as their respective physical store. The retail pricing is $78 for 1.7 fl oz (50 mL)

Would I buy this? I want to say yes, but my wallet wants to say no!

What it is formulated to do:
According to bluemercury.com
WHAT IT IS
This firming and hydrating moisturizer provides SPF30 protection, ideal for daily use under makeup or alone with treatment benefits.
BENEFITS
Packed with peptides, vitamin B5, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, tamarind, avocado oil and centella asiatica, this multi-tasking moisturizer provides daily hydration, fights fine lines and wrinkles, and protects against sun exposure.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
SPF30 provides protection against UVA and UVB rays.
Highly concentrated power-packed peptides help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Vitamin B5, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid help to plump and replenish the skin's moisture level.
Natural tamarind improves elasticity and hydrates while aloe and centella asiatica soothe the skin.
Antioxidants white mulberry and papaya help brighten and increase the skin's radiance.
Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 8%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 6% (as the sunscreen ingredients)
It also contains:
Avocado Oil: Contains antioxidant properties; is hydrating and nourishing to the skin.
Squalane: Contains multiple benefits among which include: providing moisture, is non-irritating to individuals with sensitive skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and other types of dermatitis, and, is in fact, soothing for those suffering from such conditions. It also is helpful in controlling excess oil production (thus it's balancing) and is antibacterial.
Hyaluronic Acid: Increases skin's ability to absorb moisture from the environment.
Aloe Leaf Juice: Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Witch Hazel: Removes excess oil from skin.
Tocopherol: Vitamin E - has antioxidant properties.
Papaya Fruit Extract: Helps remove dead skin cells.
Wild Yam Fruit Extract: Contains anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties.
Green Tea Leaf Extract: Contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a nourishing cream.

Is it scented?
This has a very soft, clean, somewhat white floral scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I've been using this for almost a week now and I LOVE it! I find that a lot of sunscreen moisturizers can feel heavy or sticky and don't moisturize so much as sit on top of the skin and make me miserable. Many of them even have an unsavory white cast. Not this! It feels really lightweight for an SPF product and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or gross one bit! Plus there is absolutely no white cast. I'm unsure if this causes flashback with makeup photography as I haven't used it in flash photography situations but I'm really enjoying it outside of that. Again, I find it to be a pricey item for what it is but I am impressed with the quality and how it makes my skin feel.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. http://hairstylesg.com

    ReplyDelete