Monday, August 6, 2018

Moisturizer Review: Darphin Niaouli Aromatic Care

 Today's review will be for the Darphin Niaouli Aromatic Care




Availability: This is available at darphin.com. The retail pricing is $75 for 0.5 fl oz (15 mL).

Would I buy this? No.

What it is formulated to do:
According to darphin.com
Experience a blissful fragrance harmony: subdue shine but turn up glow while clarifying and restoring harmony to oily or combination skin. Natural oil balancing concentrate blends purest Niaouli, Cypress, Lemon, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, and Lavender Oils in a delectable, skin equilibrium restoring formula. Ideally balanced hydration and gentle mattifiers combine to diminish impurities and excess oil.
The Result
- Boosted natural skin's radiance
- Purified and clarified skin
- Reduced excess oil
Ethical Engagement100% of the total ingredients from natural origin. Formulated without parabens. Non comedogenic. Dermatologist tested.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Sesame Oil, Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil: Provide hydration to the skin.
Niaouli Leaf Oil: Apparently possesses qualities similar to tea tree oil - balances the skin's oiliness
Orange Peel Oil: Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
Lemon Peel Oil: Has antioxidant properties
Rose Flower Oil: Contains soothing and antioxidant properties

What is the texture like?
This certainly has an oily feel.

Is it scented?
I would say the eucalyptus is the strongest note in here - it smells very earthy and perhaps it's the cypress but I'm getting a pine-esque scent here too. It's not my favorite.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Alright, so it seems like this oil is meant to be more of a serum than a moisturizer but although I'm dry I find that it provides me with enough moisture - I only need a drop for my entire face. That said, I'm kind of disappointed that the first ingredient on the list for such a pricey product is sesame oil... I mean is this some kind of golden sesame? Why is it so darn pricey?!? Along with that, I personally cannot get past the scent, I will use up my sample but I certainly won't be purchasing this.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment