Saturday, August 18, 2018

Moisturizer Review: M-61 Vitablast C Moisturizer

 Today's review will be for the M-61 Vitablast C Moisturizer



Availability: This is exclusive to bluemercury.com as well as their respective physical store locations. The retail pricing is $82 for 1.7 fl oz (50 mL)

Would I buy this? I want to say yes, but my wallet wants to say no!

What it is formulated to do:
According to bluemercury.com
WHAT IT IS
This radiance-boosting moisturizer targets dullness and revitalizes stressed skin with 10% concentrated, stabilized vitamin C for a more youthful-looking complexion.
BENEFITS
Formulated with a highly-potent, stable Vitamin C called tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, Vitablast C Moisturizer helps to boost naturally recurring collagen, brighten skin, reduce the appearance of dark spots and promote a more even completion. A super cocktail of vitamin B3 (niacinamide), licorice and kojic acid further increase the brightening benefits for your most radiant skin.


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
10% stabilized vitamin C helps to revitalize stressed skin.
A proprietary super-cocktail of vitamin B3, licorice, and kojic acid helps to naturally brighten and diminish the appearance of discoloration.
Powerful antioxidants vitamin E and sea buckthorn help to hydrate and protect from environmental stressors.
Natural passionflower and yacon help to soothe and calm.
It also contains:
Glycerin: A humectant that attracts and retains moisture to/in the skin.
Calendula Flower Extract: Contains antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. Helps calm and soothe the skin.
Orange Peel Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Peel Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract: Contains brightening and collagen-boosting properties (thanks to its Vitamin C content); helps balance out skin so it's neither too dry nor too oily (in the case of the orange extract).
Rosemary Leaf Extract: Contains antioxidant and antiseptic properties.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a really light, hydrating cream gel.

Is it scented?
This has a very soft, citrusy, Vitamin C scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I've been using this for almost a week now and I LOVE it! It really brightens my skin and provides a beautiful glow - people have been saying my skin looks glow-y and supple. My skin also feels really soft and smooth after using this. That said, I just think $78 is a lot to be asking for a Vitamin C cream given there are products on the market at a lower price point. Granted, I can't speak to the Vitamin C in other products being stabilized which is certainly an issue - a lot of Vitamin C products tend to break down when exposed to sunlight or heat. :/ I suppose I'll have to keep using it to see how I feel but I do like it a lot.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment