Saturday, August 11, 2018

Toner Review: Pixi by Petra Skintreats Glow Tonic

Pixi by Petra Skintreats Glow Tonic
Availability: This product retails at $4 for 0.5 fl. oz (15 mL),  $15 for 3.4 fl. oz. (100 mL). $18 for 4.2 fl. oz. (125 mL), or at $29 for 8.5 fl. oz. (250 mL) and can be purchased at target.com and ulta.com along with their physical store locations as well as pixibeauty.com. 

Would I buy this again?: No.

Notes: According to pixibeauty.com:
The Pixi Glow Tonic 100ml miracle working toner helps brighten the complexion resulting in a healthier glow.
Formulated with 5% Glycolic Acid
• Exfoliates, brightens and smooths skin
• Aloe Vera, ginseng and botanical extracts work together to nourish and treat
• Instant glow enhancer
• Alcohol free
• Gentle for all skin types
• Not tested on animals

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Aloe Leaf Juice: Assists in soothing and hydrating the skin
Glycerin: Attracts and retains moisture to/in the skin
Witch Hazel Extract: Reduces inflammation and oiliness; has soothing properties that reduce redness.
Horse Chestnut Extract: Increase blood circulation - helps to brighten the skin
Glutamic Acid: Stabilizes the pH and moisture balance of the skin
Panax Ginger Root Extract: Helps to tone and brighten skin.

What is the texture like?
This feels pretty watery, hydrating and is refreshing when applied. 

Is this scented?
This has a cucumber-y aloe-like scent to it with something astringent-like which I assume is the witch hazel.

What has my experience with the product been like?
This is meant to be used once a day and I would highly suggest using it at nighttime as alpha-hydroxy acids like glycolic tend to increase photo-sensitivity (read: sun damage) and it's highly important that, even if you use this at night, that you use sunscreen in conjunction with it. I've heard so much hype about this product as well as some acne horror stories - people are saying this broke them out really terribly and the scarring took a long time to go away. As of writing this I've only used it twice and will update re: any acne if things change. But so far I'm liking it - it instantly gave me a lovely glow and made my skin feel baby's butt smooth - I saw a lot of dead skin come off on my cotton pad :x - plus I feel like the mask I used afterwards really did a much better job than it usually does at deep-cleaning... my skin even felt a tad bit dry afterwards but nothing a bit of moisturizer couldn't fix. I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues to work on my skin. The mornings after using this my skin felt super soft and smooth! All that aside, I really dislike the way this smells... it's quite pungent and while it dissipates soon after I'm done applying the product to my face only time will tell how tolerant I am of the scent.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment