Sunday, August 5, 2018

Serum Review: Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel

Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel
AvailabilityThis is available at bluemercury.com as well as their respective physical store/ locations along with dermstore.com, skinceuticals.com, and skinstore.com. The retail pricing is $83 for 1 oz. (30 mL).

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to skinceuticals.com:
An oil free hydrating serum replenishes moisture and restores radiance for a smoother complexion.
Hydrating B5 Gel replenishes nutrients the skin needs to feel smooth and appear younger. This oil free moisturizer combines vitamin B5 with hyaluronic acid, the body’s natural hydrator, to help bind moisture to the skin. It can be used alone or with a daily moisturizer to provide extra hydration, and is an ideal moisturizer for acne prone skin.
Leaves skin feeling supple and smooth
Enhances the benefits of a daily moisturizer
Provides optimal hydration without clogging pores
Paraben-, alcohol-, dye-, fragrance-free
Ideal for all skin types

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to skinceuticals.com:
Hyaluronic Acid - A natural humectant capable of holding 1,000 times its own weight in water and the body’s natural hydrator.
Vitamin B5 - An essential nutrient promotes the skin barrier’s natural repair process.

What is the texture like?
The texture of this is what I would describe as a very watery gel. It is very runny and liquid-y but spreads in a gel-like way... if that makes any sense.

Is this scented?
To me this has no discernible scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
So folks, I will say a little goes a long way with this, I only needed about a drop or two for my entire face. I found that this does make a difference but my first week of using it I was like "what is this overpriced stuff?" - not until after that did I notice that my skin was, in fact, becoming really soft and smooth. That aside, I think that if hydration is your main goal there are far more wallet-friendly options out on the market.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes. I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment