Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Mascara Review: Clinique High Impact Lash Elevating Mascara

Alright folksickles...

Today I will be reviewing the Clinique High Impact Lash Elevating Mascara


Sans Mascara:


With Mascara:

Availability: This is available at sephora.com, macys.com, ulta.com, and bloomingdales.com as well as their respective physical store/ locations along with clinique.com. The retail pricing is $21.
Would I buy this?:  No.
Notes: This only comes in " black - I think it's just as inky black as most other mascaras.
Let's go over what the mascara's supposed to do and what it actually does. It's marketed as "uplifting" - I think that means it helps curl the lash; volumizing formulation. 
Alright so... for me, I feel like this does what it claims in that it really boosts the lash and gives a lot of length and volume. It also layers on very well over itself. That said, I find the mascara somewhat clumpy for my personal taste - I am that OCD person that wants each lash as defined as humanely possible - no level of clumpiness is acceptable to me... Anyhow... the main reason I won't go out and buy it is because of the degree of pain this is to remove... during the day I find that it flakes just ever-so-slightly... nothing that's a giant turnoff but every time I go to remove it I'm left with raccoon eyes no matter how thorough I am with my makeup removal process. It makes me sad as I really don't want to be rough with my under-eye area or constantly swipe at it. :/

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment