Monday, September 3, 2018

August 2018 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
1. Sheet Masks Galore is Back!:
Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask in Raspberry & Lentil: I believe I've had this mask before and really liked it a lot so I picked up another one. This leaves the skin with a beautiful hydrated glow and a nice "juicy" firm feeling.
Skinfood Coconut Beauty in a Food Mask Sheet: I found that this mask left my skin feeling very hydrated and firm afterwards. I really like it a lot. It has a soft coconut water scent.

2. Nature Republic Apple Mango Hands & Nature Sanitizer Gel: This is a really nice, fruity, fresh smelling hand sanitizer.

3. Bvlgari Au The Vert Soap: I will say this soap smells nice, leaves the skin feeling hydrated, and foams up nicely but I feel like it's pricey simply because it's the Bvlgari brand and is nothing so extraordinary that I'd go out and purchase it.

4. Skinfix Eczema Balm:  I remember reading an article about this brand whilst suffering with my stubborn, flaky, itchy eczema and was kind of desperate so I picked it up. I will say this product works but I really HATE how you only get 2 ounces. I get that it's a balm and therefore technically a "concentrate" but this product is meant to be applied liberally and although the tube indicates to stop using if the problem lasts longer than a week let's be real - eczema is a stubborn mofo that sticks around and unlike hydrocortisone, this doesn't contain anything that could pose an issue if you were to use it long-term. Due to this, I think they need to make it available in a much larger size. In addition to that here are some "warnings" when using this product - if you have been using hydrocortisone to treat your eczema and it is the type that "weeps" be prepared for the weeping to come back. My first week off the hydrocortisone my eczema was weeping A LOT... as my issue is in the groin region it would weep right through my pants so I had to be careful to wear long shirts to disguise this issue. That said, after that initial week, the weeping is now completely gone. Also, toward the end of the tube this is difficult to squeeze out. If you'll notice I cut the top of the tube off and there was A LOT of product on the sides. That said, after two months of consistent use my eczema is COMPLETELY GONE. I am so happy that this worked and I no longer have to suffer!

5. Dove Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Scent Body Wash: This is a nicely hydrating, fresh-smelling body wash that I use solely for the purpose of shaving my legs. I think it works really great and enjoy using it.

6Belle Ame Island Spice Soap: Out of the Belle Ame soaps that I had, this scent is definitely one of my favorites. That said, like the rest of the soaps it turned into weird slimy mush so I will not be repurchasing.

7. Elizavecca Green Piggy Collagen Jella Pack: This was a really nice, hydrating, firming sleeping mask. I don't know that it gave me anything super special in that I'd buy it again but I did enjoy using it while I had it.

8. Bulgari Jasmin Noir: This is something that I'd describe as a nighttime floral fragrance. It's somewhat heady and sweet with a hint of jasmine and musk-like notes. I like this but it's not a fragrance that necessarily pulls me to it.

9. Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion: I really liked this sunscreen and found it to be lightweight in contrast to a lot of other face sunscreens that feel heavy and sticky. Unfortunately it's gone off so I have to toss it.

10. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream: Another unfortunate moisturizer that's gone bad. This is a beautiful, hydrating gel cream and I really enjoyed using it when it was fresh. I am really sad to toss it as its price point isn't so approachable for me that I'd be willing to replenish on it.

11Bath & Body Works Pink Lily & Bamboo Body Cream: I purchased this on a whim as I needed body cream and this was on sale for $3. I am not one bit disappointed! This has a beautiful sweet floral scent that's balanced out by the freshness of the bamboo. It moisturizes my post-shave legs nicely and I'd say (as I sadly often do) that the only place it doesn't moisturize as well as I'd like is the soles of my feet.

12. Bath & Body Works Cactus Blossom Scented Candle: This candle has a lovely, cozy scent that I'd compare to the Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille. It's sweet yet floral yet sensual but, like I said, cozy. I think it suits my personality really well and am sad that it's gone as I really loved burning this candle.

13. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose: This has a nice fresh, floral rose scent. Not the sweet rose that I adore but I do still like it as it doesn't interfere with other fragrances I use.

14. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Tootsi: This is a nice, opaque, creamy matte lipstick in a shade I'd describe as a pinky greige. Although I liked it a lot at first I find that this shade makes me look kind of dead and will probably not be restocking on it.

15. Secret Luxe Lavender Antiperspirant/Deodorant: Secret is by far my favorite deodorant product, especially in the invisible solid because I feel like it works really well at keeping my fresh and dry without irritating my pits. It's a staple product in my collection although I do enjoy trying out different scents in the line.

16. wet n wild Natural Finish Setting Spray: This is a great, relatively inexpensive setting spray. It does a good job of helping my makeup stay on throughout the day.

17. Bath & Body Works Peach Bellini Scented Candle: A scent I keep repurchasing - this scent name is pretty much what you get - a nice, fruity, peachy Bellini scent with a hint of prosecco.

18. Bath & Body Works Country Apple Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel: This is a really nicely foaming shower gel with  a refreshing red apple scent. Very appropriate for our transition into fall - I like it a lot!

19. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil: This is a lovely hydrating, glow-giving primer as it's an oil. I particularly liked pairing this with matte foundations as my skin is on the drier end of the spectrum so this kept the foundations from drying out my skin. That said, I find that when paired with dewy foundation and hot weather this doesn't work super well as everything wants to just slide all over the face. Also, it's something that will last FOREVER - it typically takes me about 3-4 months to go through a 1 ounce primer whereas this lasted a full year because you only need just about 3 drops for the entire face.

20. Stila Turquoise Smudge Stick: I am so sad that this has come to an end. I feel that although there's not a lot of product in the stick it lasts FOREVER. I loved this particular shade because it had the eye-opening effect of a nude or pastel when placed in the waterline (where I mainly used it) but gave a nice pop of color. Although I will not be repurchasing this anytime soon I do see myself, at some point, replenishing on it or something in a similar shade.

21. Pantene In the Shower Foam Conditioner: I'm not the biggest fan of this conditioner because although it left my hair conditioned and manageable it just doesn't coat the hair the way traditional conditioners do - I feel like, although it does condition well, that it's not hydrating enough because of the not coating my hair thing.

22. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango:  The scrub that started my obsession with these - this has a beautiful fruity, sweet mango note that I like a lot and feel like it wakes my up in the morning. I absolutely adore these scrubs and how scrubby they are.

23. Bioderma Hydrabio Gel-Creme: I LOVED this so much - it hydrates the skin beautifully while being lightweight and quick-absorbing. I would absolutely purchase one of these if I didn't already have a lifetime supply of moisturizer.

24. Head & Shoulders Nourishing Hair & Scalp Hair Shampoo with Lavender Essence: This is your basic anti-dandruff shampoo. I find it cleanses my hair well and does an adequate job of keeping my hair dandruff-free. I do find that the label claim is true as this feels cooling and soothing to the scalp. It also has a nice, fresh scent... I wouldn't say it particularly smells like lavender but I do like it.

25. Bite Beauty Thistle Amuse Bouche Lipstick: I feel like this is another case of I liked this color when I initially started using it but grew to dislike it because I think it makes me look kind of dead. It's a mauve-y griege/taupe. Although I love the Bite brand I won't be purchasing this.

26.  Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate: I love this stuff so much! It's a beautifully lightweight, hydrating gel-serum that feels refreshing when applied. It's absolute perfection in the summertime and it would be bomb if you kept it in the fridge before applying. I highly recommend this if you're on the market for something that feels really refreshing.

27. Leader Saline Nasal Spray: So I'm unsure the degree to which this relates to beauty but I figured I'd include it because I find that saline nasal sprays really help keep my nasal passages hydrated and help me breathe. It's not a perfect solution as, this is going to sound gross, I'm quite a snot-filled individual but it absolutely does help.

28. Nature Republic Orange Hand & Nature Sanitizer Gel: This is a nice orange-scented hand sanitizer.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Bvlgari, Tarte, Clinique, Bioderma, Bite Beauty, Leader, and Sunday Riley products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment