Thursday, September 6, 2018

Departures - August 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.
1.Tarte Grav3yardgirl Swamp Queen Palette: Now I feel really odd writing this because while this palette has absolutely beautiful quality I just cannot justify keeping it in my collection. I have been using this as my main palette this month and while most months I'll do a palette of the month for just about half the month and will recreate looks from Youtube the other half I have stopped most of the Youtube recreation and decided to focus mostly on the month's chosen palette. I say this because I feel like it gives me a better picture of if I truly enjoy a palette if I truly am to use it daily for the entire month.  Anyway, there is nothing wrong with the shadows here, save for the glitter in Sippy Sippy only shows up when used over a sticky glitter base. My issue, and the reason I'm passing this palette along, is that out of the 9 eyeshadows, the majority of the shades are very similar to one another with slight variations in texture and tone and while that's great for someone maybe just starting out or learning to blend or in need of an easy every-day palette, which I think was Bunny's vision for this, it's just not quite what I want. Overall, and I hate to say this, I found the color scheme to be uninspiring and have other palettes with similar colors. I wish there was greater variation, particularly in the color selection. It is for this reason that I will be passing this palette along. I will have to say I will miss the Gator Wings highlighter as it is absolutely stunning and gives the most gorgeous, intense glow but I cannot justify keeping the entire palette for the one highlighter.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment