Friday, March 8, 2019

Mask Review: Trader Joe's Clay Detox Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Trader Joe's Clay Detox Mask

Availability: I'm unsure if this is still available but if you're interested it's certainly worth taking a look.

Would I buy this again?: Probably, if I could find it.

What is this product designed to address?
According to the packaging this is what the product is and what it does: 
Resfresh - Removes Impurities and Deeply Cleanses Skin

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin - A humectant which attracts moisture from the air to your skin.
Bentonite Clay - deeply cleanses pores and reduces inflammation.
Kaolin Clay- deeply cleanses pores and provides gentle exfoliation for the skin.
Ylang Ylang Oil: Balances sebum production and reduces inflammation.
Lavender Oil: Contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
Neroli Oil: Contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties.
Green Clay: Controls oil, calms irritated skin, helps regulate oil production.
Sandalwood Oil: Has antiviral, astringent, and antiseptic properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a clay texture, it dries fairly soft though and doesn't feel uncomfortably dry or tight.

Is it scented?
This has a clean, what I'd describe as a spa-like scent, a bit herbal, a bit floral.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Being dry, especially given I started playing with this in the cold of February I was a bit concerned that this mask would dry me out. Alas not! It makes my skin feel deeply clean and smooth whilst also being silky and soft. I really love this mask and I'm sad it's kind of difficult to find along with not being available on its own. It's good stuff!

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment