Sunday, March 24, 2019

Candle Review: Otaku Scents Kanna

Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you. 


Candle: Otaku Scents Kanna
Availability:  This can be purchased at $8 for 3 oz. as wax melts or at $25 for an 8.75 oz. candle at otakuscents.com.
Would I buy this again?: Probably not.
Notes: The scent description sounds really good - strawberries and cream they say.
I definitely get that in a Quaker Oatmeal/pink Starburst kind of way. Given that Kanna has the personality of a pink Starburst I think it's appropriate. I absolutely adore her!
As the wax warms and burns, the scent intensifies, though it doesn't change. 
I found that this candle melted  quite unevenly and would constantly canyon instead of melting evenly to the sides. This can be remedied by adding a second wick... I find this happens quite often with larger single-wicked candles because the heat never distributes evenly enough to make the wax pool melt properly. The throw on this particular candle is fairly weak, at least upon the first burn (I've only burned it once) and while I really like the scent its lack of throw is disappointing. Something I find rather odd with these is that the wax seems to have been whipped - I often see pools of bubbles at the surface of the candle when I burn it. Personally I think whipping the wax may cause it to melt unevenly as the trapped air bubbles escape. It's also rather unpleasant to look at, aesthetically, due the weird bubble clusters.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment