Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Juvia's Place The Afrique Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette from which looks neutral, colorful, metallic, and matte can be born!


Availability: This palette has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: Possibly.
Notes: So on Cyber Friday 2018 I went a little crazy and ordered a bunch of Juvia's Place palettes because they were on sale.
     This is pretty fair to say across the board for all the Juvia's Place palettes I've tried (reviews of more coming soon) but EVERY. SINGLE. SHADOW. is buttery, smooth, pigmented, easy to blend, plays well with the rest of the shadows in the palette and doesn't need to be used wet to get good color payoff. I'm very highly impressed with the quality given its price point. Although the shipping at juviasplace.com can, occasionally, be quite slow (about a week or two) they have sales quite frequently so you can snag a great deal on the palettes. I highly recommend giving them a try!
Cote d'Ivoire is described as a matte Persian blue. I'd say it's a matte royal blue. 
Dakar is described as a matte terracotta. This is a matte orange.

Niger is described as a  matte shamrock green. I'd have to agree with its description.
Togo is described as a shimmer jade. I'd say it's a metallic grayish green.
Bintou is described as a matte burgundy. I'd say this is a matte brownish burgundy.
Cotonou is described as a shimmer violet. I'd have a metallic blackened violet. 
Aya is described as a matte lemon yellowI'd  have to agree with that description
Cameroon is described as a matte caramel.  I'd have to agree with the description, it's a warm matte brown.
Angelique  is described as a shimmer peach. I'd say this is a metallic champagne with an intense white pearl. 

Kisi is described as a matte beechnut. This is a soft, pale, matte brown. 

Fifi is described as a shimmer beet red.  I'd say it's a metallic raspberry shade.
Kofi  is described as a shimmer medallion gold. I'd have to agree with that description and include that it has gold micro-glitter. This shade is absolutely stunning!!!

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment