Thursday, May 16, 2019

Concealer Review: Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Fair

AvailabilityThis currently retails between $3-8 and is currently available at UltaCVSWalgreensWalmart and I suppose fairly anywhere else that sells Maybelline but given that it's a drugstore item the price and availability may vary based on your location. You can also purchased it on maybelline.com.

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is it supposed to do?
Quoted from maybelline.com:
Skin looks perfected with this natural coverage concealer for zero flaws and blemishes.
WHAT IT IS
Fit Me® Concealer makeup for flawless, natural coverage. This oil-free concealer matches skin tones to deliver a more even complexion.
BENEFITS
Skin looks perfected with this natural coverage liquid concealer. This oil-free concealer formula conceals redness, flaws, and blemishes. Matches all skin tones. Dermatologist tested. Ophthalmologist tested. Non-comedogenic concealer. Fragrance-free. Packaging may vary, what you receive may not be what is reflected on site.


Does this come in any other shades than the one pictured above?
This comes in 12 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I'd say this is a buildable concealer with a medium to full coverage.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Looks like a bunch of silicones, preservatives, and pigment to me. :/
The only positive ingredient here is glycerin which attracts moisture to the skin.

Is this scented?
This has a faint, paint-like scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
My wife recommended this to me and frankly I really enjoy using this. It blends very easily on top of every foundation I've used it with, has a natural finish, and does a good job of covering most of my acne, redness, or discoloration. It's great to use both under the eyes - because it's not dry - and on the face- because it's not overly dewy either. I wish it were a bit more higher coverage but that's my only beef with it; I find that I have to use more of this product versus other concealers because it doesn't have as much pigment as they do, that being said I think the Fit Me line was designed to give more of a "natural" sheer-looking finish.

What do I use to apply the product? 
I apply this with  my Crown brush beauty blender knockoff.

I feel like this review is as thorough as it gets but please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment