Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Juvia's Place The Masquerade Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette from which looks neutral, colorful, metallic, and matte can be born! Also let's be real I think this is like the inception palette into Juvia's Place... like how can you own Juvia's Place palettes and not own this one?


Availability: This currently retails at $30 at ulta.com along with its physical store locations or juviasplace.com for 16 shades.
Would I buy this again?: Possibly.
Notes: So on Cyber Friday 2018 I went a little crazy and ordered a bunch of Juvia's Place palettes because they were on sale.
     This is pretty fair to say across the board for all the Juvia's Place palettes I've tried but EVERY. SINGLE. SHADOW. is buttery, smooth, pigmented, easy to blend, plays well with the rest of the shadows in the palette and doesn't need to be used wet to get good color payoff. I'm very highly impressed with the quality given its price point. Although the shipping at juviasplace.com can, occasionally, be quite slow (about a week or two) they have sales quite frequently so you can snag a great deal on the palettes. I highly recommend giving them a try!
Chi is described as a metallic royal blue with purple undertone. I'd agree with that description.
Mali is described as a metallic teal. This is a shimmery cool-toned green. 

Dalia is described as a metallic electric blue. I'd say this is a bright, metallic turquoise.
Zola is described as a  metallic aqua. I'd agree with the description and add that this has just a hint of a pewter pearl.
Makeda is described as a shimmer purple. I'd say this is a rich, shimmery royal purple.
Zobo is described as a matte purple maroon. I'd say this is a matte soft beet red. I think this would be a pretty blush on a deep skin-tone.
Calabar is described as a metallic pinkish bronzeI'd  say this is a shimmery bronze with a pink pearl.
Bori is described as a matte fuchsia with gold reflects.  I'd have to agree with that description but add that the gold is micro-glitter pieces. This makes a lovely blush shade.
Giza is described as a shimmery ivory white. I'd say this is a metallic white gold. It would make a lovely highlight shade.
Burkina is described as a matte coffee brown. I'd say this is a matte warm brown.
Cairo is described as a  matte cinnamon brown with gold reflects. I'd say this is a matte orange-brown with gold micro-glitter,
Ada is described as a matte spice brown. I'd say this is a matte reddish brown.
Dahia is described as a shimmer pinkish champagne. I'd say this is a shimmery sand shade.
Zulu is described as a matte brunette brownI'd  say this is a  warm, slightly orange-y brown.
Casablanca is described as a metallic amber gold.  I'd agree with that description and add that this has gold micro-glitter.
Fulani is described as a matte carob. I'd say this is a matte mid-tone brown.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment