Friday, May 17, 2019

Maybelline New York Soda Pop Palette Review

Hello folksickles, so I got this palette because my wife raved about how great it is so I decided to give it a try.

Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: Probably not,
Notes: Now in terms of color variety, this is a spectrum of "soda" tones - warm browns, berries, champagnes, and a few cool-tones. This reminded me very much of the Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette that I missed out on so I figured I'd pick it up.
     Quality-wise all the shadows have a soft texture, the metallics  being VERY soft. They blend really beautifully and I feel like they are on par with far pricier shadows in terms of pigmentation, blend-ability, and overall quality.
     They've also got a subtle sweet scent. I can't say I'm a fan but it's not very prominent so I can live with it.
Without further ado, swatchfest!

Chilling  is a matte beige flesh-tone.
Tonic is a shimmery pink champagne. 

Ginger Ale is a slightly darker version of Chilling; still a warm, beige flesh-tone..
Sugar High is a metallic pink bronze.

Crushing is a matte orange.
Cola Float is a matte terracotta brown.
Soda Fizz is a taupe-y pink bronze with a golden pearl and pink micro-glitter.
Grape Pop is a satiny violet.

Cherry on Top is a maroon-y purple.
Blue Raspberry is a satiny black with blue pearl and blue micro-glitter. 

Cherry Cola is a warm metallic red.
Root Beer is a deep, dark chocolate/ blackened brown shade.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment