Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Foundation Review: Flower Beauty Light Illusion Luminous Makeup Nude Skin Feel

Today's review is for the Flower Beauty Light Illusion Luminous Makeup Nude Skin Feel in Porcelain L1




AvailabilityThis retails at just around $14-15 for 30 mL (1 fl oz) and can be purchased at ulta.com and walgreens.com and cvs.com along with their respective physical store locations as well as at flowerbeauty.com

Would I buy this? Yes.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from flowerbeauty.com, shall we?
Light Illusion is a breakthrough foundation that achieves the impossible; provides you with medium to buildable coverage to smooth and perfect, while imparting your skin with the most flattering soft luminosity imaginable. All with a weightless, nude skin feel. Imperfections and uneven skin-tone are diminished. Only a flawless, smooth, and incredibly natural complexion is revealed.
Lightweight & breathable formula blends effortlessly 
Matches seamlessly & wears endlessly
Broad Spectrum SPF 18


Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This is currently available in 12 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium-full, very buildable coverage with a very dewy, luminous finish.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Glycerin  which is a humectant and draws moisture in from the environment.
Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 2%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% as sunscreen.

Is this scented?
This is unscented.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Lightweight
-Good coverage
- Beautiful dewy finish leaves skin looking smooth
Cons:
- the lightest color (which is the one I bought) is just a hint dark for me - it'll probably work in the summertime; folks are saying that it oxidizes on them but I set mine with a powder and I feel like it minimizes the oxidation somewhat.
Update as of March 2022: There is now a lighter shade called Shell.
- the above said, this moves when you try to set it so I feel that it ends up providing less coverage
Alright so honestly I really like this foundation and would really love to also get a bottle of my beloved L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup so I can compare them side by side and decided which one I like better. I love the finish and the coverage it provides, I love how easily it applies on the skin and blends. My biggest beef really is that the color is a bit off and that setting it with powder knocks off some of the coverage.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my Crown brush beauty blender knockoff.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment