Thursday, August 10, 2023

Foundation Review: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

 Today's review is for the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup in n1-2 Soft Ivory.

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $12 - $17 for 30 mL (1 fl. oz.) and can be purchased at most drugstores that carry L'Oreal products. It retails at $13.99 at lorealparisusa.com.

Would I buy this again? I'm honestly not sure; I'll explain in the notes section.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from lorealparisusa.com, shall we?
Finally, makeup that creates skin so healthy – it’s luminous! True Match™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup combines 3 powerful ingredients that work to improve your complexion the more you wear them. 40% pure water for all-day hydration. Antioxidants and Vitamins C and E for improved clarity and skin tone. And Liquid Light Technology for an instant, luminous glow. Isn’t it time you met your match?
See the Results:
Instantly: skins illuminated.
In 1 Month: skin is clearer, healthier, more luminous
Finish: Luminous
SPF: 20
Coverage: Lightweight, buildable coverage that lasts up to 8 hours
Skin Type: For all skin types. Safe for sensitive skin.

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 15 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would describe the consistency as being a creamy liquid. This has a medium to full coverage with a soft, radiant finish. 

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Octinoxate 7%: 
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin.

Is this scented?
This has a subtle paint-like scent to it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
I had a bottle back in 2017 with the silver pump and remember really liking it. Unfortunately that review has been deleted so I am writing a new one.
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
- Finish looks like healthy skin
-Lightweight
Cons:
- I'm unsure if there is a proper shade match for me
I'm going to touch on the shade situation with this foundation; back when this came with the silver pump, I bought this same shade and it was a pretty good shade match for me. However, since the reformulation into the pink pump, as you can see, it's a bit too dark and orange. There is a lighter shade, Porcelain Ivory, thats sounds like it might be the right shade for me BUT given that they've grouped it into the warm tones, I'm not sure it'll work because my skin is on the rosier side of the spectrum. It's a shame because I really loved this foundation and used to rave about it to everyone but now it seems like there is no longer a shade that will work for me; I'll have to see if I can find a bottle of the Porcelain Ivory in-store somewhere and see if it looks like it might work. The good news, however, is that this is a dead-on dupe for the Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation; so if you'd like to save yourself some money and there's a shade in this makeup that you think might suit you, it's worth looking into. Additionally, how are you going to call this True Match and have it come in only 15 shades, that seems a bit unrealistic for a foundation that's supposed to be able to match any skin-tone according to its name. This wore really well for nearly 12 hours (which is the point at which I went and washed my face). 

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my Memebox, Artis-style foundation brush.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment