Friday, August 11, 2023

Mask Review: boscia Matcha Magic Super-Antioxidant Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the boscia Matcha Magic Super Anti-Oxidant Mask.

Availability:  This retails at $38 for 85.8 mL (2.9 fl. oz.) or for 2.6 fl. oz. in its (I believe) new packaging. It is currently available at boscia.com but I scored mine for $10 at Marshall's.

Would I buy this again? If I'm honest, the price point is a bit steep for me currently. I'm unsure in terms of how I like the mask thus far.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to boscia.com:
Detoxify, decongest and de-stress your skin with the antioxidant power of Matcha Green Tea. This antioxidant magic-maker feeds your skin a multitude of health benefits including reducing redness and inflammation caused by environmental free radical damage.
This antioxidant-rich treatment mask is made with high grade Matcha green tea aka "the antioxidant powerhouse" helping to revive stressed and tired skin, absorb excess oil and minimize the appearance of redness all the while helping to fight free radical damage.
Preferable for all skin types.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to boscia.com:
Matcha Green Tea Extract
• Helps to reduce oil, fights free radical damage, brightens and rejuvenates skin
• Much like a juice cleanse, the antioxidants and vitamins detoxify and reset your body and its own ability to function properly which is often thrown off by its exposure to diet, makeup, environment, etc.
• Helps promote skin health in all aspects including redness reduction, inflammation, anti-aging, acne, oil-control
Bakuchiol
• Bakuchiol is an effective “Retinol‐Like” functional anti‐aging ingredient that promotes collagen and elastin [production?].
Willow Bark Extract
• A natural salicylic acid that combats acne and reduces redness
Contains boscia signature botanical blend:
• Jojoba helps to prevent free radical damage while nourishing the skin
• Willowherb helps to calm skin inflammation and reduce visible redness and irritation

What is the texture like?
I would describe this mask's texture as being a smooth clay mask. 

Is this scented?
I would describe the scent as subtly earthy and clay-like - I am honestly disappointed that it doesn't smell like matcha. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I have to start off with disclaiming that this is more of a first impression as I've only used the mask once thus far. This mask was easy to apply and remove - I like to use a brush to apply my masks because it allows me to put them on in a more even layer and use less product. I want to note that I had the mask on for 20 minutes, and it did begin to feel a bit tight on my skin as it dried down but when I went to wash this off, my skin felt very soft and smooth - not dried out at all. Other than that, it felt soothing but I'd have to use it on a more regular basis to see how well it does in terms of actually soothing my skin and reducing redness.
 
Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment