Thursday, August 3, 2023

July 2023 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Bath & Body Works PocketBac in Winter Candy Apple: This hand sanitizer smells delicious and has a strong, apple scent. I really enjoyed using this.

2. Dr Teal's Shea Butter & Almond Oil Shea Sugar Scrub: This is a fantastic body exfoliator that's nice and gritty, which I prefer because I feel like it really gets my skin smooth and my circulation going. This one has a subtle, sweet scent to it.

3. Charmed Aroma Peach Sugar Kiss Candle: This candle smells absolutely delicious but unfortunately this didn't contain any jewelry inside of it and, instead of jewelry, this tiny mosquito decided to get in there instead so I will not be saving the wax to use inside of my wax warmer. 

4. Secret Waterlily 48 HR Invisible Solid Antiperspirant Deodorant: I feel like I have such a bad habit of waiting until my deodorant falls apart entirely until I replace it, as is the case with this one. This has a nice, fresh scent and does a good job of keeping me smelling decent as well as staying somewhat dry in this summer heat. 

5. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner: This is my favorite eyeliner of all time and I am sad to be done with it. I had this particular tube for several months now and it's really beginning to dry out so it's time. 

6. NARS Explicit Black Climax Mascara: I really enjoyed using this mascara despite my initial review of it not being the most positive; it coated my lashes nicely while giving them a lot of length and volume. 

7. DUO Rosewater & Biotin Striplash Adhesive: I initially purchased this lash glue hoping that it would be gentler on my lashes and I have noticed some lash growth and thickness, although I attribute it mostly to the eyeliner above, this might also be helping. 

8.  Trader Joe's Grapefruit & Lemon Hand Sanitizer Spray: I really love these sprays because they're lightweight, non-sticky, and smell great. Plus they're easy to throw in a handbag or anywhere else you might need a hand sanitizer on hand.

9. berkley jensen Scented baby wipes Refreshing Green Tea & Cucumber: Since I personally use these for wiping down surfaces I don't really mind that they have a scent. In fact, I think they smell really nice. I love these because they have nice thickness to them, contain a large amount of wipes per package, and when I store them upside down they don't get dry so every last wipe remains wet. 

10. Shop Miss A Precision Eyebrow Razor: Honestly, despite this being a brow razor, I use it to clean up any straggling facial hairs. Because it's so small, it's great at getting into precise spots like right under the nose.

11. Trish McEvoy Blackberry Beauty Booster Lip and Cheek Balm: This has developed a really off, fish-like scent to it, so I'm discarding it from my collection.

12. Palladio rice powder in translucent: I found that this powder was cakey and didn't set smoothly on my skin at all. I would venture to say that it's probably best for someone with oilier skin. Additionally, unfortunately this powder got caught on something while I was trying to get it out of my drawer and I had the powder just spill all over the place, which is why it seems that I went through it so quickly. 

13. Dove deep moisture body wash: I like to use these to shave with because they provide a nice glide to my razors, last a long time, and leave my skin feeling hydrated. 

14. Pearlessence Faux Mink Lashes Wispies: Despite them being faux mink, I find these lashes are easier to apply and have thinner lash bands. They have a pretty, natural appearance that gives a voluminous, full lash look.  

15. Sage Goddess Perfume Sample: Unfortunately I'm unsure which scent I had, this smells like jasmine but also has an earthy quality to it, as though there is also sage or incense. It was quite lovely and i enjoyed it.  

16. Beauty of Joseon Revive Serum: This is a wonderfully hydrating serum - I'm not surprised that I liked it because I tend to like snail mucin serums, they help smooth and hydrate my skin which I appreciate.

17. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub: I absolutely love this scalp scrub - while it is pricey, the tub lasts me about a year with once weekly use. It does a fantastic job of scrubbing off any dandruff flakes and plaques I might have and leaves my hair feeling super clean while also rinsing out easily. I do, however, suggest following this up with a deep conditioner or mask of some sort because the sea salt in here can be a bit dehydrating. 

18. TONYMOLY I'm Rose Revitalizing Sleeping Mask: This is a nice, hydrating sleeping mask. I like that this has a gel texture because it adds a nice boost of hydration while being lightweight. It also felt cooling on the skin, which is a nice touch in this summer heat. 

19. e.l.f. Stay All Day Blue Light Micro-Setting Mist: I found this setting spray to be just ok - I'm not entirely sure if it did anything to protect me against blue light but that's not something that's visible to the naked eye so I'll never know. It did work to keep my makeup on but my issue is that the atomizer sprays in such a way that I end up choking on the fine mist particles. For this reason, I will not be purchasing this setting spray again. 

20. Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Hydrating Body Wash: Technically I bought this body wash by accident, as I had meant to order the Uplifting scent instead and somehow severely messed up. In any case, this is nice but I wouldn't buy it again. This smells like a creamy vanilla sugar cookie situation and I say it's nice because it felt hydrating and produced a nice foam. I was ok with the scent but it's a bit too sweet for my personal tastes. 

The following products all developed an unfortunate foul odor and I've decided it's best to discard them:







29. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Prebiotic Lemon Balm: This scrub smells incredible - it's very citrusy and lemony. That being said, I found that it was softer and more liquidy than their other scrubs. 

30. Charmed Aroma Cafe Latte Candle: This candle has a delicious, creamy, latte scent to it. It burned quite nicely/evenly as well and had a nice throw. 

31. beautyblender blendercleanser solid in lavender: I love this for washing my brushes as it gets them super clean and brand-new looking. That being said, this completely fell apart so it was time to replace it. 

32. Freeman exfoliating scrub mask: This was a really nice exfoliating mask that lasted me a long time. My only issue with this is that it seemed to kind of just melt into a liquid toward the end of the tube which was kind of odd and made this difficult to finish. 

33. Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation: While this foundation has a beautiful, dewy/glowy formula, I do have a few issues with it. Firstly, I purchased this in the lightest shade available and it's still a bit too dark/yellow for my skintone. Additionally, the packaging for this is just, unfortunately, atrocious. Initially, the top of this burst out of seemingly nowhere and leaked product everywhere and then, toward the end of my using this, the wand wiper came apart from the tube which also made it difficult to finish up the product. For such a pricey foundation, I feel like it belongs in a nice glass bottle with a pump and ideally one of those vacuum type situations that allows you to pump out every last bit. 

34. Biore UV Aqua Rich Water Essence SPF 50+ PA++++: I absolutely love this sunscreen and am glad that I bought a backup of it. This is very hydrating while also being very lightweight. It feels more like a thick, hydrating serum than like a traditional sticky, heavy SPF which I highly appreciate.  

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Bath & Body Works, beautyblender, Wander Beauty and Sage Goddess  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment