Sunday, May 8, 2022

Foundation Review: Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation

Today's review is for the Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation in Fair.

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $30-$40 and can be purchased at sephora.com (it appears only a few shades are available and its on sale on the site so I'm not sure what the story is there) and nordstrom.com along with their physical store locations (as always, I suggest calling to see if your local store actually has it in stock) along with wanderbeauty.com and dermstore.com.

Would I buy this? I might.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from sephora, shall we?
Coverage:
✔ Full
Skin type:
✔ Normal
✔ Dry
✔ Combination
Finish:
✔ Natural
What it is:
A weightless, fluid foundation formulated for full coverage with a natural, radiant finish.
What it does:
This lightweight, skincare-enriched, liquid foundation provides full coverage with a natural, radiant finish. Nude Illusion gives skin a filtered finish with all-day coverage, without ever feeling heavy. It resists heat, humidity, and sweat. As little as one layer magically makes blemishes, redness, and discoloration disappear, with an undetectable, skin-like finish.
The formula is enriched with niacinamide to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and even skin tone. It also contains lotus extract to help balance sebum production and support natural skin elasticity.
Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation has been expertly designed in a tube with a doe-foot applicator to make it easy to apply as foundation with even coverage. It can also be used as a targeted concealer, or to spot cover imperfections.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
This product is cruelty-free and free of mineral oil and synthetic fragrance. It is also dermatologist-tested.
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is a curation of brands committed to evolving the beauty industry. When you see our Clean seal, you can be sure this brand's products are formulated without certain ingredients that are potentially harmful to human health and the environment and also address ingredients clients are concerned about, including phthalates, formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers, oxybenzone and octinoxate, hydroquinone, triclosan, coal tar, methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone, insoluble plastic microbeads, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 12 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium-full, buildable coverage with a soft, natural, radiant finish, I would say while it is radiant that it looks more like healthy glowing skin than a super dewy wet look.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
According to sephora.com:
-Niacinamide: Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, evens the look of skin tone, diminishes the appearance of enlarged pores, and supports natural moisture retention.
-Centella Asiatica Extract: Provides amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids, and phytochemicals that diminish visible signs of aging, supports natural circulation and collagen synthesis for more youthful-looking skin.
-Black Currant Fruit Extract: Provides vitamin C and antioxidant benefits.
-Lotus Extract: Naturally contains alpha-hydroxy acids that help exfoliate the outer layers of skin for a youthful glow. Hydrates and quenches dry skin, supports skin elasticity, and reduces the appearance of fine lines.

Is this scented?
This has a very subtle kind of herbaceous, green scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
- Finish looks like healthy skin
-Lightweight
- Color is a good match for my skin-tone; I really wasn't expecting that to be the case given how yellow it looks when I swatched it
Cons:
- kind of pricey in my opinion
I would say that overall this gives really good coverage. I really like its consistency and how silky it feels going on to the skin, I didn't need a whole lot of product to achieve full coverage and I was just absolutely floored, to be honest, at how flawless my skin looked but at the same time how it looked and felt like skin, not makeup and just how weightless this is. It is so natural-looking and I absolutely adore that about it. I wore this for about 10+ hours and it did move around on my forehead and chin a bit but otherwise it stayed put.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment