Friday, May 20, 2022

Concealer Review: wet n wild photo focus Concealer

wet n wild photo focus Concealer in Light Ivory

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $3.50 - $4.50 and can be purchased at most drugstores that carry wet n wild products. It retails at $3.40 at wetnwildbeauty.com.

Would I buy this again?: Yes.

What is it supposed to do?
Quoted from wetnwildbeauty.com:
Here’s your favorite beauty junkie’s best-kept secret to flawless skin: Conceal to reveal! Our Photo Focus™ Concealer hides blemishes, scars or last night’s misdeeds to reveal near-perfect skin. Look luminously radiant even if you haven’t slept a wink. Photo Focus™ Concealer instantly brightens so you are always selfie-ready. So no worries, STAY WILD and we always have your back with this lightweight buildable coverage that never tells.
Prep your skin: Begin by moisturizing and priming your skin.
Pick your shade: To use as a highlighter choose a shade two to three hues lighter than your natural skin tone. Pat three dots of concealer under your eyes, bridge of nose, between your brows and at the top of your lips. Gently blend using your fingers, brush or sponge applicator. To contour choose a shade one to two hues darker than your natural skin tone. Dab along the cheek bone, forehead and jawline, blend well.

Does this come in any other shades than the one pictured above?
This comes in 11 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
This has a medium to full, buildable coverage with a creamy consistency.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Glycerin: Attracts  moisture to the skin's surface.
Sodium Hyaluronate: Holds onto 1000x its weight in water, helps skin retain moisture.
Tocopherol (Vitamin E): Has antioxidant properties.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil: Rich in Vitamin E; helps skin retain moisture.
Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil: Has moisturizing properties.
Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil: Helps protect skin from sun damage and has hydrating properties.
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil: Has skin-smoothing and skin-regenerating properties.
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: Has hydrating, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract: Has anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties.

Is this scented?
This has a very faint, paint-like scent that, frankly, I only notice if I'm smelling the applicator directly. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I really like the coverage this gives me but I feel like it's hard to shade match with the concealer. Based on me being a Shell Ivory in the foundation, the system told me I was Light Ivory in the concealer but I feel like this concealer is a touch too dark. I can make it work but overall if it was a shade or two lighter I think it would work better. I do like that it has a rosy, peachy undertone which helps to cancel out any under-eye darkness. That being said, my face powder did cake up on top of this concealer. I'm unsure if it's the face powder (I'm currently using the Coty Airspun) or the concealer.

What do I use to apply the product? 
I apply this with  my e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge.

I feel like this review is as thorough as it gets but please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment