Friday, May 6, 2022

Eye Serum Review: hey HONEY Open Your Eyes Lifting Eye Serum

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for hey HONEY Open Your Eyes Lifting Eye Serum.

Availability: This product retails at $37 for 15 ml (0.5 fl. oz.) and is available at ulta.com along with their physical store locations (I would give your local location a call before going there to make sure it's there and in stock) along with qvs.com and heyhoney.com.

Would I buy this again?: I'm not sure.

What is this product designed to address?
According to heyhoney.com this is what the product is and what it does:
This light fluid revitalizes the appearance of your entire eye contour to deliver a bright, rested look. It wakes your eyes up by reducing puffiness, providing hydration, and tightening the skin, effectively minimizing the appearance of fine lines for a visibly lifted effect.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Squalane: Moisturizes and softens skin, has anti-inflammatory properties, helps soften the look of fine lines; has a similar composition to the oil skin naturally produces to keep itself moisturized - therefore this tends to feel light and is non-comedogenic.
Honey: Has moisturizing and antibacterial properties.
Green tea: Has anti-oxidant and de-puffing (I'm assuming due to it having caffeine in it) properties.
Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola): Has anti-inflammatory, hydrating, antibacterial, and collagen-boosting properties.
Safflower Oil: Is non-comedogenic and has hydrating properties.
Mallow Flower Extract: Has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Linoleic Acid: Has hydrating properties.
Soybean Oil: Has antioxidant and hydrating properties.
Vitamin E: Has antioxidant properties.
Glycine: Helps promote moisture retention, collagen production, and skin repair.
Retinyl Palmitate: This is a gentler alternative to retinol and has anti-aging (due to speeding up cell turnover) and antioxidant properties.
Niacinamide: Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Urea: Has hydrating and skin-smoothing properties.

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as a slightly gelatinous, viscous liquid that melts into something watery-feeling and feels refreshing when applied. 

Is it scented?
This has an extremely faint, floral honey scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Full disclosure, this review is a first impression as I've only used this product twice so far. The applicator feels so nice on my puffy, irritated eyes (hello allergies!) and the product provides a nice, lightweight hydration to the eye area. My eyes were less puffy than usual, which is a plus, because given my allergies I'd say puffiness, brightness, and smoothing crepe-y-ness is what I'm looking for an eye cream to do at this point and this hits most of those issues. I love how it has an abundance of soothing, anti-inflammatory ingredients.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment