Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Foundation Review: wet n wild photo focus Dewy Foundation

Today's review is for the wet n wild photo focus Dewy Foundation in Shell Ivory.

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $2.75 - $7 and can be purchased at most drugstores that carry wet n wild products. It retails at $6.89 at wetnwildbeauty.com.

Would I buy this again? Yes.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from wetnwildbeauty.com, shall we?
The newest innovation to the cult-favorite PhotoFocus franchise: Dewy Foundation. A weightless, super-nourishing foundation that delivers natural, all-day wear. Silky and creamy, coverage is easily buildable from medium to full, and it easily transitions from day to night wear. Ideal for normal to dry skin types, this moisturizing formula blends seamlessly, blurs imperfections and helps minimize the appearance of pores for a perfectly smooth, dewy finish. Available in 20 cruelty-free, gluten-free, talc-free, and vegan shades.
Ultra-lightweight, moisturizing formula
Delivers buildable coverage and a long-lasting
Hydrating glow
Vegan. Cruelty Free. Gluten Free.

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 18 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
This has a medium-full to full coverage with a thin, creamy consistency that is very easy to blend out.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin.

Is this scented?
This has a paint-like odor to it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
- Finish looks like healthy skin
-Lightweight
- Color is a good match for my skin-tone
-Beautiful natural dewy finish
Cons:
- it smells unpleasant while you're applying it (on the plus side, the scent doesn't linger)
- I wish this came in a pump bottle and/or one with a wider neck vs just having the weird little paddle thing on it.
I would say that overall this gives really good coverage. I really like its consistency and how silky it feels going on to the skin, I didn't need a whole lot of product to achieve full coverage, my skin looked great. In my opinion this wears very comfortably and I'm honestly impressed that not only did it stay put all day, it was very easy to blend out the marks my glasses left when I went out in the evening (some foundations don't want to move at all, or get cakey when I try to do this), this foundation doesn't feel heavy on the face, and while it has a dewy finish to it - it doesn't feel heavy or sticky the way some hydrating formulations can. It is so natural-looking and I absolutely adore that about it. I wore this for about 10+ hours and it stayed put and looked absolutely beautiful on my skin.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment