Sunday, May 8, 2022

Foundation Review: COVERGIRL + OLAY Simply Ageless Foundation

Today's review is for the COVERGIRL + OLAY Simply Ageless Foundation in 205 Ivory.

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $12-$20 and can be purchased in drugstores that sell COVERGIRL.

Would I buy this? I'm not sure.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from covergirl.com, shall we?
Correct the signs of aging with COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Instant Wrinkle-Defying Foundation. This leading anti-aging foundation helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. While covering imperfections, ingredients like a hyaluronic complex and Vitamin C work to hydrate your skin. For ultimate protection, SPF 28 defends your skin against harsh sun rays.
HYDRATING FORMULA - This cream foundation contains hyaluronic complex and vitamin C for healthier looking skin | AN ARRAY OF SHADES - Choose from multiple shades, and easily find the perfect match for your skin tone | SPF 28 PROTECTION - Shield your skin from sun damage with SPF 28 protection | DIMINISH THE LOOK OF WRINKLES - Rich and hydrating, this formula lessens the appearance of fine lines | CRUELTY-FREE FOUNDATION- Rest easy knowing COVERGIRL products are never tested on animals

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 11 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a sheer to medium-full, buildable coverage with a soft natural matte finish.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Titanium Dioxide 4.9% - Sunscreen.
Niacinamide - Has anti-inflammatory and pore refining properties.
Acetyl Glucosamine - Helps reverse UV damage and boost skin's water content.
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) - Has anti-oxidant properties.
Glycerin - Draws moisture to the skin.
Citric Acid - Helps lighten, brighten, and tighten the skin.
Fructose - Helps soothe redness on skin.
Urea - Treats dry, rough skin. Helps smooth out eczema patches.
Allantoin - Has soothing properties.
Hyaluronic Acid - Holds up to 1000x its weight in water, helps retain moisture in the skin.

Is this scented?
This has a subtle, perfume-y scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
- Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
- Good coverage
- Finish looks like healthy skin
-Lightweight
- Color is a good match for my skin-tone
Cons:
- requires a lot of layering to achieve fuller coverage
- difficult to get full coverage quickly if you're also looking to apply it hygienically (not using the provided sponge) or are a sponge vs a brush user.
-selection of shades for deep skin-tones is EXTREMELY limited and nearly nonexistent
I would say that overall this gives really good coverage. I really like its consistency and how silky it feels going on to the skin but I feel like it isn't the quickest foundation to apply if you're someone who likes a fuller coverage because it takes a while to built up. I'm sure if you use a dense brush with this, that might be less of a problem for you but I personally haven't tried to use this with a brush yet. I see this is available in a liquid format and am curious to try if that isn't easier to apply and build up.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment