Sunday, May 1, 2022

April 2022 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Korres Renewing Body Cleanser in Cashmere Rose: This body cleanser smells absolutely delicious and left my skin feeling super soft and silky. 

2 beauty 360 Original Nail Polish Remover Pad: I purchased these to use on my feet since my local CVS, unfortunately, was closing and out of the liquid remover. These work fairly decent and do a good job of removing my nail polish. I'm able to get both feet done before it dries. That being said the pad is a bit thick which, overall, is not bad but it's difficult to get it around the cuticle area to remove nail polish there. 

3. ProBeauty Essentials Faux Mink Wispies x2: These lashes are a bit hard to get the hang of because they seem to want to just jump off the lash-line or not glue quite to where the lash-line begins. It took two pairs for me to finally got the hang of them. That being said they're a very pretty lash that gives great length and volume.  

4. thisworks deep sleep pillow spray: I personally used this fairly sporadically because it smells too herbaceous for my liking but I find that it does work to make me feel sleepier and to fall asleep faster versus when I wasn't using it.

5. Tocca Gia Eau de Parfum: I am very sad that I ran out of this perfume, because, as I'm sure many of you know I just absolutely adore it. That being said, I was starting to get sick of it at times, which is odd because as spring is approaching I'm loving it more and more again. With that being said, I appreciate running out of it because now I can play with my other perfumes. The rollerball lasted me a little over a year which, in my experience, is both shocking and a pleasant surprise.

6. Tree Hut Vitamin C Shea Sugar Scrub: I really loved this scrub, as I do most Tree Hut scrubs because they feel scrubby and invigorating to use. This has a sweet yet tangy, slightly citrusy (although more like a candy than an actual fruit) scent.

7. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner: I really love this eyeliner so much. It stays put very nicely, goes on easily, and is easy to work with. I'm sad to be done with it but I have a backup so I'm technically good.

8. Duo Brush-On Adhesive with Vitamins: This is, unfortunately, getting goopy so I have replaced it with a new one.

9. L.A. Girl Flash Big & Bold Mascara: When it comes to this mascara I am so glad to be done with it. It felt dry and like it wasn't really doing very much for my lashes at all since I started using it and I am just genuinely happy it has come to an end.

10. Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer: While I did say that I liked this in my original review of it, I personally find that I have to use a lot of product to achieve the kind of coverage that I'm after. I think when I first used this product, I was using it in conjunction with a full coverage foundation, which worked. That being said, I'm now using a tinted moisturizer and I find the combo to be one where I have to use lots of product. In addition to that, it is impossible to get to the last of this product that is gathered at the bottom of the tube. For these reasons I will probably not be repurchasing this product.

11. ColourPop Pretty Fresh hyaluronic tinted moisturizer: Although this tinted moisturizer is comfortable to wear I found that this shade is a little bit too light for me and, because it's too sheer for my personal preference, I will not be replenishing on it.

12. Nature Republic Hand & Nature sanitizer gel in Apple: Honestly, this smells like apple Jolly Ranchers which is neither here nor there for me. I wish it had more of a granny smith scent to it but it doesn't bother me much. I really like that these hand sanitizers are really lightweight and hydrating; they don't leave your skin feeling dry at all.

13. Trader Joe's Kombucha Black Tea Cleansing Oil: This cleansing oil smells delicious and overall worked well to take my makeup off (I realized I needed to use a little bit more of it than I was initially) but while I liked it I just find my other makeup removers work better and, as this isn't available in a full size I will not be getting it again.

14. beauty360 Pro Strength Nail Polish Remover: Unfortunately this is getting really bad at removing my nail polish so it's time I replaced it.

15.Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Rose Essential Oil: I may have found a series of new favorite scrubs y'all. This smells so yummy and scrubs just as well as my beloved Tree Hut scrubs. That being said, I feel like lately the scents of Tree Hut have started going in the direction of appealing to teenagers (as in, they're extremely sweet compared to the scents that were available a few years ago) whereas these smell delicious but aren't painfully sweet. I just started on the citrus one and it's also fantastic! 

16. Lilly Lashes 3D Faux Mink in Miami: Although I found that I got good wear out of these lashes I unfortunately had a bad day and ended up crying them off. As you can imagine they were not useable after that. Frankly I think these lashes are pretty on other people and while they were OK on me I found them a bit too big, full, and having a lash band that's thicker than I like - I always ended up with a load of glue on my eyelashes that was difficult to remove and I'm convinced it's because of the lash band on these.

17. berkley jensen unscented wipes: As I mentioned in the past I really like to use these to wipe down my makeup collection or to remove swatches when I take blog photos. I like them for wiping down dust off surfaces as well and I will occasionally add rubbing alcohol to them to make them antibacterial (for instance, when I go to the laundromat I like to wipe the folding table down before I fold my clothes on it).

18. Laneige Berry Lip Sleeping Mask: Honestly so many people love this mask and I just can't relate. I wish it were thicker and more hydrating as it just doesn't do enough for me. I like its candy scent though.

19. m-61 Hydraboost Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF40: This is a really nice, lightweight, hydrating SPF that I liked to use as both an SPF and a daytime moisturizer. I am sad to have run out of it because I really liked its texture but will probably replenish with something at a lower price point.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
 
Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the thisworks, Laneige, m-61, and L.A. Girl products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment