Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Sunscreen Review: m-61 Hydraboost Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF40

m-61 Hydraboost Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF 40

Availability: This product retails at $44 for 50 ml (1.7 fl. oz.) and is exclusive to macys.com and bluemercury.com along with the latter's physical store locations.

Would I buy this? I like this a lot but I've found similar sunscreens I like just at much that are more affordable.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
This lightweight, oil-free, reef safe SPF 40 sunscreen protects against UVA and UVB rays to help prevent sunburn, premature skin aging and hyperpigmentation.
Key Features / Benefits
• Protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays with SPF 40.
• Helps prevent sunburn, premature skin aging and hyperpigmentation.
• Protects against free radical damage.
• Helps to firm the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
• Lightweight, hydrating and fast-absorbing formula.
• Leaves behind zero white cast.
• Oil-free and reef safe.
Claims
• Gluten-free & vegan.
• For all skin types.
• Dermatologist & allergy tested.
• Paraben & phthalate free.
• No animal testing.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
• SPF 40 provides protection against UVA and UVB rays.
• A highly concentrated, power-packed peptide helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
• Vitamin B5 helps to plump, replenish and nourish the skin's moisture level.
• Tamarind improves elasticity and hydrates while aloe and centella asiatica soothe the skin.
Active Ingredients
Homosalate 14.5%, Ethylhexyl Salicylate 5%, Avobenzone 3%

What is the texture like?
This has a creamy, whipped texture that feels hydrating.

Is this scented?
This doesn't have a discernable scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
As I've mentioned previously in my May favorites, I really love this sunscreen because it doesn't feel heavy but it feels hydrating. I love that it absorbs into the skin without leaving a film or white casting behind. I would say that personally the main barrier to me buying this constantly would be its price point but given that, combined with face oil, this gives me enough hydration and it's not as expensive as the rest of the line I might, at some point, purchase it.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes, I am not receiving any type of incentive or compensation for writing about it on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment