Friday, July 16, 2021

Sunscreen Review: COSRX Aloe Sun Soothing Cream SPF 50 PA+++

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for COSRX Aloe Sun Soothing Cream SPF 50 PA+++

Availability: This product retails anywhere from $6 - $20 and can be found at cosrx.com, amazon.com, yesstyle.com, jolse.com and stylevana.com. You can also get it on flip.shop.

Would I buy this?: Possibly

What is this product designed to address?
According to cosrx.com this is what the product is and what it does:
Is this moisturizer? No, it's sunscreen!
What it is: Formulated with Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, the daily soothing sunblock is so lightweight that is feels like a moisturizer, and it does not leave any white cast.
WHY IT'S SPECIAL:
Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract
Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract is the key ingredient of COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream that soothes and moisturizes skin at the same time.
Lightweight & Moisturizing Texture
The texture of COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream is similar to a light moisturizer, unlike other sunblocks that leaves the skin dry and stripped. The hydrating sunscreen is absorbed into the skin fast without feeling greasy or leaving white cast. This sunblock can be worn all year long as it feels light during hot/humid summer and moisturizing in the dry season.
Compact Size
Designed to be travel friendly, you can easily carry COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream anywhere and layer on sun protection anytime.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Other than the aloe which acts to hydrate the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Glycerin: Is a humectant that draws moisture into the skin.

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as having a very light lotion that feels refreshing as it's being rubbed into the skin; it is quick-absorbing and dries to a smooth finish. 

Is it scented?
This has a fresh, slightly sweet scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I really like how lightweight this is while providing slight hydration. I layer this over an oil-based serum so I don't find that I need any additional moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin wonderfully without any type of white casting, and in fact, this was suggested to me by my wife who has a much deeper skin-tone than I do. I also really like the addition of aloe here as I am prone to redness and it helps to calm and soothe my skin. It's also a great sunscreen option of you're prone to burning or drying out in the sun as this will help soothe your skin. That said, the aloe is fairly low on the ingredients list so if you really need some TLC I suggest seeking out an actual aloe gel.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment