Sunday, July 4, 2021

June 2021 Departures

Ok folksickles. Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.

1. Museum of Ice Cream x Sephora Collection Palette: Honestly I feel like this isn't a bad palette - it just doesn't spark joy. I have dupes for many of these colors and, frankly, the ones I don't really have dupes for are colors I wouldn't really reach for. I really love the mint here but even if I don't have something 100% the same I'm confident I have something very close.  

2. Clinique Black Honey Sweet Pots Sugar Scrub & Lip Balm: The scrub portion of this got funky-looking so I discarded it entirely but the lip balm portion is still fine. That said, I just don't find this hydrating enough for my liking.

3. eos Lip Balm in Coconut Milk : Just another lip balm that I didn't find hydrating enough.

4. miscellaneous eyeshadows: So in terms of what's leaving the collection, it's the cool-toned matte brown and green from the Disney Ariel x Sephora Collection Storylook Palette, the blue from tokidoki, and Inglot D.S. 617 - the brown is just too cool for my liking and I know I won't reach for it (I think the main reason I hit pan was because I was using it as an eyebrow powder at one point, but it's too dark for me now), the green is a shade I know I have similar ones to that I won't reach for, and the blues are just beautiful in the pan and swatched but work in a rather lackluster, disappointing fashion. 

5. e.l.f. Pearl Glow Shimmer Highlighting Powder: Unfortunately I find that this highlighter applies in a sort of patchy way where it's not a solid metallic look of highlight on my cheekbones.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of these myself with the exception of the Museum of Ice Cream x Sephora palette, the eos balm, the e.l.f. highlight, and the Clinique balm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment