Sunday, July 11, 2021

Candle Review: LAFCO Sage & Walnut Fragranced Candle

 Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you. 

Candle: LAFCO Fragranced Candle in Sage & Walnut
Availability: This is available at bluemercury.com, neimanmarcus.com, nordstrom.com, macys.com and bloomingdales.com along with their physical store locations along with lafco.com. The retail pricing is as follows: $70 for 15.5 oz. (this particular scent is only available in the one size). 
Would I buy this again?: I want to say yes, but my wallet wants to slap me. The only reason I purchased this is that I was given a gift card for good merit so I decided to treat myself. 
Notes: Here is a scent description from lafco.com: Shelves of leather-bound books line the walls of this serene, hushed refuge. Sweet orange notes give way to an aromatic blend of star anise, walnut and juniper sage. The depths of sandalwood, oud and guaiac woods create a timeless space.
Here's what I'm getting from smelling the candle cold - first of all I want to say that I've bene lusting after this candle for years and have been too cheap to purchase it. It's difficult for me to pinpoint exact notes so I'll do the best I can. I love that it's their library candle because I love reading, the act makes me think of coziness and that's what makes this go full circle - this candle doesn't smell like books, or a library (although sign me up for a candle that does!), instead it smells cozy. It's the perfect fragrance for a stressful day, a rainy day, a cold day, a snowy day, a day when you want to curl up with a good book. It's a sweet, creamy, nutty scent with just a hint of grounding woodiness. Obviously I'm burning it in the summertime so other than thunderstorm days this doesn't quite the description and while I think this would be a PERFECT candle for the wintertime, it's not too heavy to burn during the summer either, although I'd say the aroma is... a bit cozy... and on super hot, humid, sticky day can be stifling, but if you're in an air-conditioned room with a book you like or just want something that smells cozy, this remains perfect. 
As the wax warms and burns, the scent intensifies, it's warmer but I wouldn't say it changes much. 
I find this candle melts and burns very well; it has a throw that smells up my entire room.
I feel like, other than the higher-quality fragrances used in the candles, what drives the pricing up is that each is in a hand-blown glass jar. While this definitely adds an element of novelty and luxury I just feel like it's quite the clever marketing tactic to get you to pay exorbitant prices for candles. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this candle myself.

2 comments:

  1. hello! would you have advice on a cheaper dupe of this candle? it is my very most favorite scent but my wallet also wants to slap me because I quite literally burn through them too quickly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely relate to your sentiments. I wish I had a better answer for you but unfortunately I haven't come across anything that smells similar.

      Delete