Thursday, July 22, 2021

Exfoliator Review: m-61 PowerGlow Peel

m-61 PowerGlow Peel

Availability: This product retails at $32 for 10, $68 for 30, and $118 for 60 and is exclusive to macys.com and bluemercury.com along with the latter's physical store locations.

Would I buy this? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
This 1-minute, 1-step exfoliating peel resurfaces, clarifies and helps to firm the skin for a radiant, renewed glow. Glycolic and salicylic acid help to improve the skin’s tone, texture and clarity, reduce pore size and fine lines, while chamomile and lavender calm and soothe skin in this power-packed, at-home treatment.
Key Features / Benefits
Immediately improves skin cell exfoliation.
Exfoliates, resurfaces, clarifies and firms skin in one quick step.
Reduces and improves pore size.
Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Improves skin tone, texture and clarity.
Perfect as a treatment for dull or acne-prone skin.
Claims
Gluten-free & vegan.
Dermatologist & allergy tested.
Paraben & phthalate free.
Synthetic fragrance-free.
Sulfate-free.
Free of synthetic dyes.
No animal testing.
Results: Instant results with just one use.
100% showed immediate improvement in skin cell exfoliation.
97% showed immediate improvement in the appearance of pore size.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
Glycolic and salicylic acid help reduce pore size, reduce the appearance of fine lines and improve the skin’s tone, texture and clarity.
Vitamin K helps to reduce the appearance of spider veins and combats dry, rosacea-like patches.
Antioxidant bilberry extract helps promote an even skin tone.
Chamomile and lavender assist in calming and soothing irritation.


What is the texture like?
This is a thick-ish pad (I'd say the texture and thickness are similar to an alcohol prep pad, just larger) that's soaked in the exfoliating solution.

Is this scented?
This doesn't have a discernable scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Frankly, I think the main prohibitory things in terms of me purchasing this again would be its price point and just how wasteful the packaging is. Now, I get that the package was designed to be travel friendly, and it is, but otherwise I find there's a lot of waste generated with these pads. Now, to get on to the good part, I love how these work. I think they're fantastic for people who think exfoliating is tedious or messy - you just rub this on and let it dry, no need to rinse, which makes things easy. I find that these are fairly gentle on my prone-to-redness-and-eczema skin and really do a fantastic job of retexturing the skin. In fact, I personally have used these to smooth out eczema patches because, in doing so, it helps my eczema balm penetrate into my skin better. They also give you the "I got enough sleep" glow, even if you know your skin is likely to be dull the next morning. Unfortunately my sebaceous filaments are stubborn little mf-ers so I can't say that this does much in terms of lessening their presence or appearance. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes, I am not receiving any type of incentive or compensation for writing about it on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment