Thursday, July 1, 2021

June 2021 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

Sheet Masks Galore:
the SAEM Rice Natural Rice Mask Sheet: Personally I wish that this had a more milky serum but nevertheless I found it to be very hydrating, smoothing, and refreshing. 
MEDIHEAL Placenta Revival Essential Mask EX: Another one that I wish that had a more milky serum but nevertheless I found it to be very hydrating and smoothing. 
Fancy High Dream Beauty Aqua Moisture Mask: This is a super hydrating mask that made my skin feel, for lack of better words, juicy - just very hydrated and elastic/smooth.

2. Kiss So Wispy Lashes in 09 x2: These are a very soft, natural-looking wispy lash that adds a little boost to any eye look without being too crazy or dramatic. I also have to sing some praises to these lashes, as they have thin bands, they're very easy to mold to your eye shape and therefore easy to glue on and apply. 

3RAW SUGAR simply body wash in Lemon Sugar: Overall this body wash was alright and it smells just absolutely wonderful, literally like lemons with sugar. I just personally like my body wash to be a bit more hydrating. 

4.  ColourPop Just A Tint Lip Crayon in Maui Wowie: I loved this little lip crayon so much - it's such a pretty shade of red that just enhanced the features but is sheer enough to be worn at any time. Plus these just feel great on the lips - they're very hydrating and silky. 

5. m-61 PowerGlow Peel Pad x13: As I've said many times before I really love these peel pads because they instantly retexturize the skin - rough, flakey skin is transformed to beautiful glowing skin. Because these exfoliate they let the skincare you apply over top to work even better since it's not fighting to bypass a dry layer of dead skin. 

6Mario Badescu Caffeine Eye Cream: I really enjoyed the hydrating and depuffing quality of this eye cream. In fact I was sad to have run out of it. 

7. berkley jensen Unscented baby wipes: As I've mentioned in the past I really like to use baby wipes to wipe down surfaces, especially those of my makeup collection, and to remove makeup swatches from my hands. These are fantastic in that they stay moist for a long time and you get lots of them in a package so they last for a long time too. 

8. Dolce & Gabbana light blue: Ok, I know this is a really popular scent but I dislike Dolce & Gabbana's anti-LGBTQ stance so... meh, whatever. I don't hate the scent but it's definitely not something I would buy in general. 

9. patchology Warm Up Best Foot Forward: These are essentially a sheet mask for the feet - they're meant to hydrate the soles and tops of your feet. I find that they're very efficacious and although the packaging instructs to leave them on for 10 minutes I leave them on for about an hour. They leave my feet feeling very soft and rejuvenated. That said, if you're looking for significant warmth to occur I just don't feel like these heat up much, if at all. I typically wear socks on top of them to get the optimal heat and moisture absorption. These have a yummy, creamy coconut scent.

10. Bite Beauty Chai Amuse Bouche Lipstick: I'm sad to have used up this little lipstick - we've had an interesting run. At times I found this to be very cool-toned and too brown to look good on me and at other times it was quite rosy and even warm and caramel-like. It was definitely rosier toward the end (maybe because I'd use it on top of a peachy cream blush that I'd pat on the lips) and I really liked the way it looked. This is also really moisturizing which I appreciate. 

11. m-61 Hydraboost Face Oil: I really enjoyed using this oil while I had it. Given squalane is a main component in this oil blend, it helped reduce my redness and smooth my skin while being really lightweight and fast-absorbing. I'm sad to see it come to an end.

12CLEAN RESERVE warm cotton [reserve blend]: I like the clean laundry smell of this scent but I personally think it would be best as a room fragrance versus a personal fragrance.

13. Dove gentle exfoliating with sea minerals nourishing Body Wash: I really like to use these Dove body washes for shaving as they provide a nice, smooth glide for my razor and leave my skin feeling soft and silky. This particular one has a very soft scent and gentle little buffing beads in it. 

14.Natura Bisse Diamond Cocoon Hydrating Essence: This gave my skin a really nice boost of hydration. 

15. Virtue Restorative Treatment Mask: I don't know, other than the alpha keratin, what it is about Virtue products that just instantly make my hair feel different in the best of ways! After using this mask (and I literally only had it in for 3 minutes) my hair is bouncier, healthier, and feels thicker, smoother, and more easily manageable. This mask also smells absolutely delicious and a little bit goes a LONG way, the little trial jar that I thought I'd have for one use lasted me three. Despite this being a pricey item I think I'd save up for it to treat myself, just given how wonderful it makes my hair feel. 

16. Physician's Formula Rose All Stay Illuminating Setting Spray: Although this setting spray works alright I don't like how the shimmer in it sprays out in a way where it's not even-looking on the skin. In addition, it's too heavily scented for my liking.

17. m-61 PowerSpot Clear: As I've mentioned in the past I really love this as an acne spot treatment. 

18. LAFCO Sage & Walnut Candle: This is such a warm, cozy, beautiful scent and I really enjoyed having treated myself to it and the scent of the candle. That said, I'm annoyed with the fact that it only has one wick as the singular wick has trouble keeping the wax melting evenly.

19. Bath & Body Works Honeysuckle Scented Candle: This candle has a really warm, floral, summery scent that I enjoyed a lot. I'm sad to see it come to an end.

20. Bath & Body Works Frosted Cranberry Candle: Another delicious-smelling candle that I was sad to see come to an end. This has a yummy sweet cranberry scent to it.

21. innisfree Pore Clearing Facial Foam with Volcanic Clusters: I really liked this cleanser in the sense that it made my skin feel deeply cleansed without being drying. That said, I don't feel like it much in the sense of helping with pore size or pores being clogged.

22. Sugarpill Liquid Lip Color in Dainty: Unfortunately this smells like it's gone off.

23.  ColourPop Brow Colour Pomade in Dope Taupe: I really enjoyed this brow pomade because, unlike other ones I've played with, this one is very versatile and can be worn softly or intensified for a more fierce brow look. I'm also extremely impressed that I was able to use it until the very last drop - I expected it to dry up entirely before I used the jar up. It lasted me about a year of regular use. Unfortunately, they don't make this anymore and, while I enjoyed using it a lot, if I'm going to be completely honest I prefer using brow powders or taupe eyeshadows for my brows as I have naturally thick brows and powder creates a softer look. I am sad, however, that ColourPop stopped making these pomades as they are a really great product!

24. L.A. Girl Pro powder HD high-definition setting powder: While this powder did the job of setting my makeup and keeping me from getting oily or sticky I found that I went through it super quickly and that overall it tended to grab in certain areas, particularly under my cheekbones, and look chalky no matter how much I'd buff it out or spray it down with setting spray. 

25. Bath & Body Works Honeysuckle & Freesia Scented Candle: This is another beautiful summer fragrance that I am sad to see come to its end. It smells like a beautiful flower garden.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the m-61 (with the exception of the PowerSpot Clear - I paid for it), Mario Badescu, CLEAN RESERVE, Natura Bisse, Virtue, innisfree, L.A. Girl, and Dolce & Gabbana products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment