Friday, July 9, 2021

Oil/Serum Review: m-61 Hydraboost Face Oil

 m-61 Hydraboost Face Oil

Availability: This product retails at $64 for 30 ml (1 fl. oz.) and is exclusive to macys.com and bluemercury.com along with the latter's physical store locations.

Would I buy this? Most likely not. 

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
This lightweight, fast-absorbing face oil provides deep hydration and helps to restore the skin's moisture levels. Powerful peptides help to firm and reduce the appearance of fine lines, while plant-derived squalane, vitamin E and tamarind help to hydrate, rejuvenate and soothe the skin.
Key Features / Benefits
• Visibly plumps and replenishes the skin's moisture levels.
• Deeply hydrates skin.
• Aids in improving skin's elasticity.
• Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
• Lightweight, non-greasy.
• Fast-absorbing.
Claims
Gluten-free & vegan
Dermatologist & allergy tested
Paraben & phthalate free
Synthetic fragrance-free
Sulfate-free
Free of synthetic dyes
No animal testing.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
Peptides help to promote firming and reduce the appearance of fine lines
Plant-derived squalane from sugar cane acts as an anti-inflammatory, balances oil production and helps to rejuvenate skin’s appearance by restoring suppleness and preventing moisture loss
Vitamin E helps to hydrate

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight, oily texture that absorbs very quickly.

Is this scented?
This doesn't have a discernable scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Ok folx, I admit that despite me saying I wouldn't purchase this I really love it. Frankly though, I just can't justify spending almost $70 when squalane oil on its own can be purchased for significantly less and gives me essentially the same results. I understand that the addition of other ingredients here drives up its price. Anyway, this is a lightweight, quick-absorbing oil that adds a boost of hydration to my routine and, because this contains squalane, it also helps reduce the redness of my skin as well as to improve my skin's texture. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes, I am not receiving any type of incentive or compensation for writing about it on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment